Bi Xenon Dipped Beam very low since lowering

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Hi guys, I lowered my Cupra on Eibach Sportlines before christmas and since then the AFS system in the Bi-Xenons seem to be very low on Dipped beam.

I replaced the sensors on the front passenger hub and rear arm in the position they were in prior to lowering the car.

Just wondering can these be manually adjusted up a bit by a mechanic or do I need to take it to SEAT to be done using the computer?

Any one else had this problem?

andycupra

status subject to change
xenons are self levelling, so yes it would be software or hardware adjustment rather than a standard screw driver adjustment.

So likely to be a little more than the usual cost.

when you say they ar low, is the angle low, or just lower... as clearly the car is lower, so if the beam is at the same level/angle the light will show as a little lower at set distances..

are they automatically aimed lower as when lowering a car the rear usually drops more than the front, and so they may have adjusted lower as it thinks you have a weight in the boot?

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
From something I have here they also have the traditional adjusters as on Halogens, but I am no expert and don't have Xenon's so can't check

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
xenons are self levelling, so yes it would be software or hardware adjustment rather than a standard screw driver adjustment.

So likely to be a little more than the usual cost.

when you say they ar low, is the angle low, or just lower... as clearly the car is lower, so if the beam is at the same level/angle the light will show as a little lower at set distances..

are they automatically aimed lower as when lowering a car the rear usually drops more than the front, and so they may have adjusted lower as it thinks you have a weight in the boot?

Yes its because the rear of the car is lower now so the car thinks I have a lot of stuff in the boot so they do not project as far as they did when standard height on dip setting.

Looks like a trip to the dealers is in order then. Thanks for the help guys.

Eddy Gein

Jan 23, 2007
Will you let us know how it goes and what the dealers said because i have the same problem but the dealers just seem to fob me off with excuses.