Bi Zenons. Are they worth that much??

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Are the zenon lights (with washers) worth their money?

Are they really much brighter?

Its a thing you cant identify on a daytime test drive??!!!

Anybody got any opinions??

Ta!

brad1

im not sure with the mk2 but loads of people but after market hid kits on the mk1 leon, much brighter than standard factory bulbs

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
i probably wouldnt go for them again .... not at the price they were ...
£400 ... probably ... but not that much more.

I've been in cars with *much* better xenons than the leon.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
I can give u this advice : I managed to bag one of the last MY08 Cupras, just prior to the new year price hike for the xenons, and they are great, but I fitted HID bulbs on my 2.0 TFSi Sport and they are pretty impressive for very little cash, - so in terms of road lighting, I would say there isn't much in it... but the Xenons do look damn sexy... :D

Last edited:

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Thanks for this.
I had upgraded the lamps in my Altea, but I wondered what difference £800 ish makes from a factory install
I wont tick the box on the option's list for new Leon for them then!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I don't think they are worth paying any extra for.

They do look cool, but to be honest don't seem any brighter than the standard headlights on my last car.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
A private buyer would always be attracted by xenons over standard.
I always sell privately so this box was ticked as a matter of course.
A private buyer is interested in having as many options as poss over standard.

Xenons do have the sex factor!

Last edited:

CandyCupra

Back to black
Aug 20, 2007
Cricklade
Having come from a MKII Leon without Xenons, to one with, I would say definately go for the Xenons. The standard lights are just pants. Even when i changed the bulbs to Blue Vision they were terrible. The Xenons are pretty good in my opinion.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
They look great[B)], They are impessive in action when they come on and do their check sequence. They are also great when they turn corners with the steering.
As a Illumination factor, they are not as good as I expected, I had a kit on a mk1 that seemed brighter. However on main beam they are something else:D
Are they worth the money?? No.......
Would I spec them again??? Hell yess!!:funk: I love the look of them when looking at the car, they really set it off like some kind of eyes:p

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
They look great[B)], They are impessive in action when they come on and do their check sequence. They are also great when they turn corners with the steering.
As a Illumination factor, they are not as good as I expected, I had a kit on a mk1 that seemed brighter. However on main beam they are something else:D
Are they worth the money?? No.......
Would I spec them again??? Hell yess!!:funk: I love the look of them when looking at the car, they really set it off like some kind of eyes:p

Good post that, they lookk better off , they look better on , and will help you get a quicker sale! i think you need to have them even tho there not worth the best part of £900.

leon

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I think they are awesome. Wouldn't be without them. (but then I was lucky as I got the car when they were std) :)

Scott

Seconded.

However if I was looking to buy now, not sure I would be paying the £900 if thats what they cost - seems excessive when you consider the £900 only buys you light washers, auto levellers, gas bulbs and ballast and motorised movement.

Also have to say I have been in cars with better OEM Xenons as far as light emissions are concerned.

RS4Barry

Feb 25, 2002
Fife
Visit site
They are good and I wouldn't have another car without them. Way better than standard leon lights but as said above they are nowhere near as good as some of the merc bmw porsche systems etc. As to whether they are worth almost £900 quid I dunno but I guess if I was looking at a couple of year old cupra the fact it had xenons would be probably more important than colour.

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
REmeber that strictly speaking a car with retro-fit Xenons is illegal unless you have the headlamp washers so if you are thinking of doing this at least spec the Winter Pack...

I would agree with all the positive comments. I didn't spec the Xenons for when I come to sell it, I spec'd them because I wanted them and because I bought a brand new Golf and did some cost cutting on the options and always regretted it... Not this time!

RS4Barry

Feb 25, 2002
Fife
Visit site
REmeber that strictly speaking a car with retro-fit Xenons is illegal unless you have the headlamp washers so if you are thinking of doing this at least spec the Winter Pack...

I would agree with all the positive comments. I didn't spec the Xenons for when I come to sell it, I spec'd them because I wanted them and because I bought a brand new Golf and did some cost cutting on the options and always regretted it... Not this time!

And legally they require auto leveling too IIRC

Al

Aug 29, 2005
And legally they require auto leveling too IIRC

And they need to be CE approved as a unit/system. Putting HID kits in Halogen light units is not allowed as the light pattern the Halogens produce is too scattered. Most MOT stations will not pick up on the illegal systems though. Not sure how someone might fair if someone blamed their lights for a crash they were involved in though. Big can of worms right there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.