Bi Zenons. Are they worth that much??

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I think we all agree they are ok ...... seen better systems, but they are better than the standard lights..

However ....... would you really spend £900 of your own hard earned cash on them? Are they really worth the £900?

Personally no they are not, as stated above, £400 and I'd spec them again, £900 I'd probably spend on something else (leather/winter/sat-nav etc.)

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I waited an extra 10-12 weeks for a car with Xenons.
Not sure I'd pay £900 for them though.
The standard Leon lights I found were pretty much the same as my S reg Corsa. Not very good.

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Its not just the Xenons for your £870, though... You get the AFS and the washers and self levellers as well... And I know that the latter 2 have to be fitted by law however it is legislation that has driven the cost up. The Xenon option quite probably would only cost £400 if it was just fancy bulbs you were getting... I would guess that if you could spec the Xenons without self-levellers and washers the option would be cheaper. And if you could spec them without AFS it would be cheaper still.

So to say that "£870 for Xenons is too much" is a bit of a misnomer as you are getting a lot more than just fancy bulbs!

If you just want the look of Xenons then by all means save your cash and get after market HIDs fitted. But if you want the additional 'safety' features such as AFS, levellers and headlamp wash then recognise that this costs extra. To ignore these additional features when weighing up the cost of the Xenon package is frankly absurd.

Last edited:

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
But the non moving Xenon kit in the Octavia range is £500ish with washers and levellers. They do already have the projector lamp though on all Octy models

My point exactly. Its cheaper as they don't have the AFS.

And the extra 200 is for what exactly then? :blink:

Err - don't you mean £120?

EDIT: And the non moving Xenons are £550 for an Octy...

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise