Big turbos gt28rs+gt2871r

JAYKEZ

Hello cupra fans anybody running these turbos on a cupra, gt28rs or gt2871r ?What they like?:drool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
I've experienced both turbo's on 1.8T's, 2.0T FSI's and 2.0 TSI's.

On the 1.8T, the 28rs is just at the acceptable level of lag I can stomach to still consider the car a road course performer. The 2871 on a 1.8T is too laggy and makes me think of a car that is suited for drag racing first and foremost. The 28rs is very manageable around town and the 2871r is really ok too but I would prefer the rs for my daily. The 2871 is the very last point before you are in the land of big turbo, no turning back, my car is all top end only.

On the 2.0T FSI I feel the 2871r is much more suited to the engine as its much higher compression and feels pretty sporty off boost. The 28rs is about the same size as the ko4 that's available for the 2.0T FSI so I would simply recommend that route instead of the 28rs. The 2871r will make 350'ish whp and the ko4/28rs will make 310'ish.

On the TSI which has lower compression closer to the 1.8T again the 28rs is the way to go. We have tested 330'ish whp and 360 wheel torque!!

JAYKEZ

whoops to late

I have got a gt2871r in the post .I have crossed drilled,braided hoses, 5.1 fluid, oem pads(my mate has got brembos and says my brakes are as good as his):) fmic 4bar fuel pressure regulator , jamex panel filter,570cc injectors uprated engine mounts,3"full custom exhaust jamex coilovers .I will be goin for a cutom tune when i get the turbo fitted.

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
I have got a gt2871r in the post .I have crossed drilled,braided hoses, 5.1 fluid, oem pads(my mate has got brembos and says my brakes are as good as his):) fmic 4bar fuel pressure regulator , jamex panel filter,570cc injectors uprated engine mounts,3"full custom exhaust jamex coilovers .I will be goin for a cutom tune when i get the turbo fitted.

You may need a fuel pump upgrade as well. Sounds like you have everything else covered to make some good power. The 2871r is quite fun when boost hits like a freight train around 3800 rpm's!

JAYKEZ

whoops to late

JAYKEZ

cheers Keith good advice

Forgot to mention the fuel pump 355lph walbro when i have it mapped im just goin to run around 10-13 boost until i save up for rods valves think that will be plenty .

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
Forgot to mention the fuel pump 355lph walbro when i have it mapped im just goin to run around 10-13 boost until i save up for rods valves think that will be plenty .

perfect. good point about the rods, I forgot to mention that to you. The rod strength is suspect around 350whp.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members