billberry safe wheel cleaner...brilliant

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
just cleaned my wheels today in the freezing cold weather :doh: not cos i wanted to, but because i had to...

ever so lately i have been getting serious brake dust bonding on my (recently) refurbed alloys, dont know if it is the crappy top coat and laquer the paint firm used but if i didnt act fast they would need completely refurbing again...yeah that were that bad!!

i jet washed my alloys down with fairly hot water, rinsed, washed with a small sponge, rinsed...i then sprayed a generous amount on each wheel of billberry safe wheel cleaner. left for 10 minutes then softly softly used the small sponge to try and break up the hard dust...thankfully the worst of it is on the front wheels.

rinsed again, but to my horror there are slight scratch marks left by the small sponge i used....used meguirars paint restorer, then carnuba wax (admittedly i should of used poorboys sealant), but on my next day off i will do it all again properly...

what can i say?...the wax got rid of the small scratches and to the non studying eye you may never know....i totally recommend this product if you have brake dust build up on your alloys or painted alloys...brilliant

i have no pics because it was so cold i could barely bend my fingers :lol: and anyway the dust was in between the spokes, but was hugely noticable if you were looking at them...

my billberry i purchased from http://www.prestigepolish.co.uk/

1220562274BilberrySafeWheelCleaner.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
to be fair i did scratch my alloys tho (with the sponge), but no one would ever be able to tell...next week the wheels are getting baked in it proper, then triple sealed....saved me bucks getting the wheels refurbed lol

Bilberry is a great product. You shouldn't even need to scrub away with a sponge unless you have left the brake dust on to long and it has backed itself to the surface. This will take months usually.

Just spray it on next time, you don't need generous ammounts either, then agitate with a brush. (Not tooth brush, something softer) then leave for a few mins then wash off. If you ever do seal the wheels with poorboy's wheel sealant then make sure you dilute the bilberry then after as it will start to strip away your sealant when used neat.

Go neat with first clean, then clay your wheels, apply several coats of poorboys wheel sealant then clean regular with diluted bilberry.

Thanks,

Lee.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members