Bit of help wanted....

Matttrack6k

Jul 3, 2020
Glasgow
Evening peeps,

I’m new to all things SEAT having picked up an Ibiza 6k (1997) GTI 8v (probable retro mid life crisis)....anyhoo....have searched around but can anyone point me in the direction of a BAM conversion thread....preferably a required parts list (needle in a haystack).
My friendly spanner genius has a fairly totalled TT 225 at his disposal and I know from reading a few posts that it’s interchangeable but was wondering about gearbox, driveshafts, ECU, subframe etc etc etc.......

Oh

Sorry if that is repetitive but like I said I have looked but couldn’t see a definitive answer.

thanks in advance

Matt.

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
You’d need the 2wd gearbox and drive shafts unless you wanted it to be 4x4 of course. This can be done however it’s not a conversion you could carry out over a weekend. The good thing is you can a donor car so most of what you need is there.

Matttrack6k

Jul 3, 2020
Glasgow
Bit of a change of plan now....managed to get hold of a AUQ complete with turbo, inlet etc etc and the loom, ECU, barrel and key.
Unfortunately the gearbox was bust so need to source a suitable box and shafts etc.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
Make sure the gear ratios are suitable for a 1.8T. There are loads of gearbox specs out there which would fit, but would be far from ideal on the road. Useful reference here VW Technic, click the diagram to download the spreadsheet.

Matttrack6k

Jul 3, 2020
Glasgow
Make sure the gear ratios are suitable for a 1.8T. There are loads of gearbox specs out there which would fit, but would be far from ideal on the road. Useful reference here VW Technic, click the diagram to download the spreadsheet.
Cheers......mind blown.......for a guy that still goes by “lefty loosey, righty tighty”......that’s a hell of a lot of information.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.