Black Mk2 seat leon cupra,Rtech Tuned TTE420, 443bhp???

DavidLeonFr

Mar 19, 2013
cars looking great mate :) does the 8.5 et40 cause you much bother with rubbing? do they stick out of the arches at all :)?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
cars looking great mate :) does the 8.5 et40 cause you much bother with rubbing? do they stick out of the arches at all :)?

The wheels are completely flush with the arch. On my old eibach springs I got no rubbing at all, but with my ap coilovers I started getting rubbing, the coilovers are probably a little soft. Now the inner arches are worn, the rubbing has stopped.

DavidLeonFr

Mar 19, 2013
The wheels are completely flush with the arch. On my old eibach springs I got no rubbing at all, but with my ap coilovers I started getting rubbing, the coilovers are probably a little soft. Now the inner arches are worn, the rubbing has stopped.

thanks think im going to order myself some alloys tomorrow now i know they wont rub :L some oem ifg3 smf

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Those Rota's actually look quite nice! Didn't think they would suit a Leon as Rota's are predominately used on Japanese cars. But I guess you need the right set up for them to look good.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Those Rota's actually look quite nice! Didn't think they would suit a Leon as Rota's are predominately used on Japanese cars. But I guess you need the right set up for them to look good.

They aren't rota's. They are Bola B1's which are much nicer and cheaper.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Little update.
Finally got my side skirts back from the sprayers. Was done as a job on the side so took a few months. It was well worth the wait, and got them fitted more or less straight away
:)

I have also been playing with the idea of changing induction as mine is stupidly loud. I managed to snap up a vwr racing induction and tts engine cover. I really hope this is quieter but without compromising performance.

I have been running a Oem maf housing on my Evoms induction and airflow readings have been exactly the same. Both hitting peaks of 280gs. This shows the Evoms housing to be pretty good.

I also added a few touches, not everyones taste but I'm pleased. I bought a good quality bonnet bra from Germany, far superior to the ones I have seen here in the uk. I think the car looks mean :) also added some team heko wind deflectors and linear r grille.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hey all, just thought i would share my weekends work. I performed intake valve cleaning, manifold cleaning, runner flap delete, full removal of the evap system.
I will let the photos do the rest of the talking :)

Before

After

Im over the moon with the results :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Thats some good work, what did you use to clean it all?

Thanks dude. I used a America product, carbon-off oven cleaner. This is heavy duty and dissolved the carbon easily. It's also safe on all metals.

Who's runner flat kit did u use?? Also what bits did u use to clean the intake that good? Cars looking really good mate

Creation motorsports supplied the kit on a special dea, i will report back to them with my results.
Tool wise, tooth bushes, metal picks. Hand held vacuum pump.
Carb cleaner.

Just gone over this thread Sam you have done some excellent work on this top job.

Niki mentioned you yesterday when I was there and said its a beast of a car ;)

Thanks man, Niki has been advising throughout my build.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Really really nice car mate. And that was one hell of a mani clean up.

Been catching up on some RR theads this rainy sunday, some awesome work to be seen around and yours is no exception.

ash3435

Nov 30, 2009
stoke on trent
Cheers, I've just order the runner flap delete kit from psi in stoke on Trent. Did u fit it by yourself? How's the car with the flap removed, does it run smooth. Sox bout all the questions. This is a mod I've been looking at for a while but I can't find any feedback.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hey ash, just fitted it yesterday and put the car back together this afternoon so very early to comment. Idle was super smooth with a increase of 0.2bar of vacuum pressure. I'm hoping to get good gains across the rev range. Possibly looking at 300gs :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Yes it's going back for tweaking. Hopefully this will be one of the most powerful examples :) just need to get some preload added on the actuator and I'm ready.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Awesome work mate, been following it on TFSI Tuning. Glad the injectors went back in without any leaking. Looking forward to the results

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members