Black tar like spots on paint

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Hi all,

I have quite a few, and very annoying, black tar like spots over the car. They were on there from when I bought it but, I cannot seem to get rid of them. Ive tried a few things but nothing seems to work?! Any ideas?!

Or shall I get a professionl car detailer?!

Cheers,

Hon

Rangers

Jan 24, 2009
Scotland
Tried autoglym tar and adhesive remover? works well just leave on for a few minutes and it should take off all tar spots.

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I used to use a product I bought from the pound shop called "151 tar spot remover" which was nothing short of awesome. Simply spray on, leave a couple of seconds and it was like it was eating the tar...then simply wipe off then polish. To this day, I've not found anything remotely as good...there's always a ton of elbow grease required...boo!

Unfortunately, this product doesn't seem to be in circulation anymore, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I used to use a product I bought from the pound shop called "151 tar spot remover" which was nothing short of awesome. Simply spray on, leave a couple of seconds and it was like it was eating the tar...then simply wipe off then polish. To this day, I've not found anything remotely as good...there's always a ton of elbow grease required...boo!

Unfortunately, this product doesn't seem to be in circulation anymore, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

WD40 does the same thing - that's what I use. :cartman:

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
a decent clay bar will do the trick, I used to have the same problem with my Ovni LCR, many tiny pin-head sized spots that were hard to shift even with a finger nail, they were usually all over the rear of the car which led me to believe it was possibly caused by hot exhaust gases or similar?
Anyway treat it to a good old claying and you should be fine mate
cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members