Blasted alarm

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
Damned alarm on the car has gone off about eight times so far tonight.

It's been fine all day as I've been in ear shot of it and not heard it I had to fill up the washer bottle tonight, so I'd presume it's the bonnet sensor.

I open and closed all the doors, boot and bonnet. As soon as locked it on the fob it went off.

Random presses of the fob seem to have shut it up for now. Will a dealer be able to see any faulty sensors on their diags?

I think I've done what the manual mentions (two presses during lock turns off the alarm and deadlocks). How do you turn them back on?

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Chri5B said:
Damned alarm on the car has gone off about eight times so far tonight.

It's been fine all day as I've been in ear shot of it and not heard it I had to fill up the washer bottle tonight, so I'd presume it's the bonnet sensor.

I open and closed all the doors, boot and bonnet. As soon as locked it on the fob it went off.

Random presses of the fob seem to have shut it up for now. Will a dealer be able to see any faulty sensors on their diags?

I think I've done what the manual mentions (two presses during lock turns off the alarm and deadlocks). How do you turn them back on?

I think the alarm resets everything next time you arm.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
dont be fooled , ive heard stories of theives repeatadly setting off alarms so the owner eventually disarms them , then away they go , just be careful , as said probably a dodgy sensor or connection , used to get water in the bonnet switch of my old clifford concept 300 all the time that would of caused these symptoms

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
Hmm, good point BlackFR - it's not as powerfull as it should be but I'd put that down to the washer bottle being empty.

It didn't go off again overnight but I think I'd managed to leave the car locked but with the alarm off. Just parked up at work and inside five minutes it was going off.

Muddy's guide to pulling off the boot trip might be handy!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Chri5B said:
(one plastic mount MIA!)
Quite a good result, think 2 broke on mine !

A useful tip to know, I wouldn't have thought about leaky rear washers setting the alarm off, good tip :)

mexicupra

Jul 5, 2005
was Cambridge now Mexico
i dont know if this will help, but i was earwigging one day i was in my local dealer and i heard them talking about common fault in the ibizas where they have problems with the "comfort" section within the cars ECU. That is the secion where all alarm stuff is located. All they had to do to resolve the problem was plug in there VAG COM and reset or reprogram that particular area. Might be a long shot but thought it might help

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Mine is playing up now [:@]

Keeps goiong off at random intervals :wtf:

Rear washer is ok so it's not the pipe :whistle:

I have tried pressing the fob 2 times on lock but the led's still flash on deadlock?

My lighs do NOT flash when I arm the alarm ONLY when I open the car :confused:

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
If they don't flash when you lock the car then that means something is not closed. Your boot switch or door switches think that a door is open. My bet is still on the rear wash wipe. The flow doesn't always stop completely, run the washer for 30secs or so then open the boot and check to see if there are any little drips around tha catch:)

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Well.......the Seat dealer is saying the car can be programmed to make the lights flash on/off bleep or not....????

Anyway the last 3 days I have locked the car pressing the key fob 2 times,the book says this will deactivate the locking security mechanisum (double) and volumetric alarm.

The perimetric alarm remains active????

Anyway it has not gone off for the 3 days :)

It's still going in on Thursday to be looked at though!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Fez boy said:
Well.......the Seat dealer is saying the car can be programmed to make the lights flash on/off bleep or not....????
They would be correct - and something you can do too if you have vag-com.

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Ok it's now sorted :funk:

It was the wire connected to the radio which was running live?

When I took the keys out the radio was still on(should go off)

Anyway it's all done and now I can sleep ok at night :happy:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.