Blind spot detection not working?

Sep 5, 2021
I recently bought a slightly used Cupra Leon ST eHybrid. But my blind spot detection doesnt seem to work. What could that be?
I have the Safe & Driving XL package. Ambient light is working fine, but blind spot is not working.

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Safe & Driving XL package. Ambient light is working fine, but blind spot is not working
As im aware your pack should include the following:

• Dynamic road sign display
  • Emergency assist
  • Exit assist (Audio-visual warning system of approaching traffic when opening doors)
  • High beam assist
  • Lane change assistant
  • Predictive adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
  • Side assist (Blind spot monitor)
Side assist will need to be enabled within the Infotainment system however if this is on and the Side (internal LED) does not flash yellow when a car passes from your rear to the front then there is an issue, i would contact your Seat/Cupra Dealership

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021
Hey guys; I recently took delivery of a VZ3 and wondering if the side assist is an optional extra on this model? There has not been any flashes from the internal LEDs close to the wing mirror where I believe this should come from. I also have not managed to come across anything in the infotainment system to turn this on, is it found under a particular setting at all? Thanks!

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
I believe the Safety pack Large is required on your order that's normally £625 more to add on cost and is called side assist, VZ3 do not get this as per standard.

VZ3 will give you upgraded seats leather and electric, wireless charging and upgraded wheel rims

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I believe the Safety pack Large is required on your order that's normally £625 more to add on cost and is called side assist, VZ3 do not get this as per standard.

VZ3 will give you upgraded seats leather and electric, wireless charging and upgraded wheel rims

You are wrong.

The VZ3 comes with safety pack XL as does the VZ2 that I have.

Side Assist is part of safety pack XL and does work in my VZ2 so will work in the VZ3. It’s just a case of finding it in the options and ensuring it is enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
You are wrong.

The VZ3 comes with safety pack XL as does the VZ2 that I have.

Side Assist is part of safety pack XL and does work in my VZ2 so will work in the VZ3. It’s just a case of finding it in the options and ensuring it is enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes your right Maypack i posted some figues and looking 4 threads up seems i put XL so my Bad :unsure:

Oct 7, 2021
Thank for your help guys; I had a flick through the infotainment system this evening but couldn't figure out anywhere obvious to turn this on or see the option for it. Tried vehicle settings etc.. so perhaps it doesn't have it after all?

Nov 21, 2021
Thank for your help guys; I had a flick through the infotainment system this evening but couldn't figure out anywhere obvious to turn this on or see the option for it. Tried vehicle settings etc.. so perhaps it doesn't have it after all?
I am pretty sure the XL pack is only standard on the Estate (ST) and is an option on the normal Cupra Leon.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.