Issues with infortainment and with blind spots.

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
Today I've finally picked up Cupra Leon ST 310 hp after waiting for more than 10 months.
During my first ride I had several issues with my car.
1) Blind spots works only from the driver side. Ambient light works perfectly from both sides, but blind spots indicates only the car from the left side(yellow indicator).
2) Throughout all my trip Google maps were closing. I used them via wireless Android auto.
3) Every 1-5 minutes voice assistance asked me for a command. (I decided to switch off voice activation).

I would really appreciate it if someone advice me how to fix these issues.

photo_2022-06-25_19-06-46 (2).jpg

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
It's a bit dead in this forum if you are on Facebook join the 'Mk4 Cupra Leon Owners club' it's pretty active and most of us had issues like you describe so you should get help there.

Cheers

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
Thank you for this idea, just wanted to start from the forum :) . I am a part of FB group for several months already.

Last edited:

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Today I've finally picked up Cupra Leon ST 310 hp after waiting for more than 10 months.
During my first ride I had several issues with my car.
1) Blind spots works only from the driver side. Ambient light works perfectly from both sides, but blind spots indicates only the car from the left side(yellow indicator).
2) Throughout all my trip Google maps were closing. I used them via wireless Android auto.
3) Every 1-5 minutes voice assistance asked me for a command. (I decided to switch off voice activation).

I would really appreciate it if someone advice me how to fix these issues.

View attachment 32569
I had the voice assistance problem with my Leon 245 following the last update and I too have switched it off. I never used it anyway. I haven’t had any of the other problems though (245 VZ1 doesn’t have blind spot sensors)

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
Starting from my first ride I had serious problems with multimedia (phantom clicks). All the time screens are switching, internal navigation is turning on, rear camera is switching off. Car for the 2nd time in a row in a dealership service. Left my car on Friday and I was told that software update will help to resolve these issues. Today when I was picking the car up I noticed that the problem still exists.
I guess it is the last car that I bought from VW. There is no client oriented service.

I was waiting for the car for 10 month and now It is impossible to drive. In case if the display replacement will be required I won't be ready to drive a car for 3+ months more. If you want a such experience, just buy Cupra cars

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
That's bad, I waited for 9 months and have had no such errors (3 months old now) only prob I had was front reg plate falling off, but fixed by them (FIFE Cupra) now using screws instead of sticky (not) pads.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
I still get the double clicks from what I assume is the infotainment system and the left speaker goes quiet for a short time. It clears pretty quickly though. I also get the SOS (visit the workshop) message every now and then (usually after a few of the double clicks) but ignore it now and it’s gone the next time I start her up. I’m just going to ask them to sort on the first service, as it doesn’t affect anything else

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
After the display replacement everything works smoothly without phantom clicks.

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Great news. Maybe I’ll ask my dealer to have a look at fixing mine when they call me back to refit the engine cover!
Have you had any news about the engine cover, as I have heard nothing yet from my dealer. In Auto Express last week they said the fix was now not to replace them at all.:(:confused:

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Still happens on mine regularly even on short trips, usually has no effect apart from a couple of icons disappearing and the left hand speaker fading for a couple of minutes. Every now and again the sos message appears. For my wife’s Arona service read next month not week! I’m booking them both in for first services, although mines not due until early October. It’s on the the oil service countdown though🤷‍♂️

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
CUPRA first service yesterday and my wife’s Aronas first service was on Thursday. Arona, as good as gold, CUPRA, unanswered questions unfortunately. No information re the engine covers from VAG and the system that the mechanics use to check out the infotainment system (amongst other things) crashed yesterday and I’ve got to book it back in. I was told I have a couple of updates to add and will see if that improves things. Within a mile of leaving the dealership, I had the double click, but no SOS on this occasion.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Blackpool SEAT had my car overnight and said all the issues were software related. I asked them to look at the double click and the private settings/WiFi symbols disappearing, the cruise control being unavailable roughly every ten start ups, the auto hold sticking regularly and the SOS contact dealership warning activating at least once a fortnight. No problems driving home, but it’s only 7 miles, so not really long enough to test everything. The auto hold release is definitely smoother though and it didn’t stick at all.

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Blackpool SEAT had my car overnight and said all the issues were software related. I asked them to look at the double click and the private settings/WiFi symbols disappearing, the cruise control being unavailable roughly every ten start ups, the auto hold sticking regularly and the SOS contact dealership warning activating at least once a fortnight. No problems driving home, but it’s only 7 miles, so not really long enough to test everything. The auto hold release is definitely smoother though and it didn’t stick at all.
Hopefully all sorted.

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
Cheers. I’m off to Kendal for a run out on Sunday, should be enough for a good test
How did it go? I’ve had my 310 for a couple of weeks and it’s just started having infotainment issues today. Lost all sensors, sos, rear cam, infotainment screen.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
No problems from the infotainment at all and the sat nav worked well for once! The auto hold stuck on once, so I might ask them to have another go. It’s never released smoothly, always a slight clunk. Pretty sure its a completely separate issue and not related to the infotainment

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members