Blind spot detection

Aug 21, 2022
Udine, Italy
Already having the wraparound internal lighting, is it possible to retrofit it by finding only the radars and the wiring? Is the wiring the same as the cousins golf 8 and audi A3 8y?

Antera

I have fitted it in de Golf 8. It works but is almost the same as Golf 7/ Polo but the Golf 8 have Lin for the warning lights.
Here is de wiring diagram. And the parts you need:

- Sensor 2Q0907685E & 2Q0907686E
- Brackets 5FA955775A & 5FA955776A
- 1 nut N01508210
- Connectors for the radars
- Wiring made bij yourself of find it somewhere. ( option: https://nl.aliexpress.com/i/1005003...&terminal_id=5cc2e16a33a54a06a77bf2514623141e)
- 2 doorpanels with the blind spot lights or made some custom leds (lin based)

Attachments

• Schema  1.png
    Schema 1.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Schema  2.png
    Schema 2.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 87

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Aftermarket kits are available. I bought a Toyota proace vip lwb a few years back & it turned up with bsm & front parking sensors missing. Front sensors got added & codes by dealer but they couldn’t add the bsm. I bought some mirrors from Australia with the lights in them to use instead of the ones in the kit & installed in a couple of hours. Kit from China for under $200 (think about £170 at the time). Worked fine & meant the car then had the spec it was meant to have when they built it. That cars now done several thousand miles & the kit still working well. The mirror glass inc shipping was as much as the kit but if you’re happy with the little led that stick in the a pillar then it beats getting factory harness & coding

Antera

@Kryton We are talking about a Leon not a Toyota. Iff you tell us there is a aftermarket kit show us the link Complete with doorpanels with the lights

There is also a oem solution but not availible for the Leon because off the door expensive panels. A golf 8 kit wil work without any problem but the lights in the door panels are the big issue because they are not possible to swap lights but you need complete door panels. Find some solutions for the lights and it will work

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Yup I understand that. Didn’t realise it was so easy to integrate the factory ones so simply making a suggestion. Again different car but my jeep needed a lot of messing around to retrofit the blu ray player & rear screens to my jeep which people said was plug & play but it ended up bricking my body control module as U.K. is only country that’s part imperial & part metric so the coding wouldn’t take as was clashing. Same with auto wipers on another car. Rest of the world had the harness there, U.K. had 37 different harness combinations & turned out you couldn’t have that & rear fog light lol. It’s great when plug & play plus some basic coding but manufacturers sometimes like making life as difficult as possible so aftermarket is also sometimes a viable option. I would personally go the route you have if that easy as I like thinks looking like it’s factory & apologies as didn’t realise it was simple or cheap option

this is the kit I used. Think it’s been upgraded to 77mhz now looking at different listings

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
@Antera I bought radars 2Q0907685D and 2Q0907686D because ETKA writes that they are supposed to be like this by November 2020. I have a car from 08/2020. I hope they will fit. I bought a bunch of harness from a Golf 8 and mirror lights from a Golf 8. I want to make holes in the mirror housing with a small grinder (I don't know what it's called in English, but it's from Dremel). At the moment I paid 250e for everything. I'm waiting for the handles from France and the harness/leds from China.

and by the way. Can I connect to the reversing camera wires at the back of the car or do I have to be close to the gateway? the camera and blind spot assist go to the gateway to pin 6 and 7

Antera

Can pick them up at the rear i think. I pick them up as close as possible on the gateway because wiring tot the mirror and 12v- and 12v+ are also going to the front off the car.

You need also the radar holders

2Q radars work on alle mqb evo. And they have self calibration

Last edited:

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
@Antera I'm reading the diagrams in ELSA now and I see that in the Golf 8 there is also LIN in the lamp and harness. We only have signal and ground. I wonder if connecting the lamp from the Golf 8 without LIN will work like a regular LED like in the Leon or will I have to buy one from the Passat. or maybe it will be possible to code it somehow like in Golf 8? LIN is a direct connection from the blind spot controller to the lamp, or does it go through some car controller?

Last edited:

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
@Antera Do you know what the voltage is on SIG+ to the LED in the mirror/door panel? maybe I'll make some lighting myself. usually 3V, 5V or 12V?

Antera

The Golf lights and radar have Linbus so 12V+ & 12v- and a Linbus wire from the radar.

The Seat is the same i think. I checked the pictures from my doorpanels and u see 3 wire connector for the blindspot. So you need a Linbus led because that signal is turning on the light and the brithness

Antera

Then you have to try iff the Sig is the same as the linbus but i dont think so. This week i will remove my door panels for fitting kessy and lights and i can look again on my car.

Edit: I checked again my picture's but i did see you where right. I didn't look to good, sorry

Attachments

• 20231026_125033_resized.jpg
    20231026_125033_resized.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: witek_77

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
@Antera it turns out that I have to remove the LIN pin from hole number 7 of the plug and plug it into hole number 6 of the plug, i.e. SIG+. I have to leave the +12V wire empty. So there should be 12V on these cables when detecting an obstacle GND and SIG+. Just like in old cars with a diode in the glass mirror.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members