Blown a hole in my LCR engine, help!

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have a cupra 180 with a fare amount of upgrades :) hybrid etc:D :D it's now 285bhp and I have standard rods :( it's been fine though?

Loads are mate, I'm running just shy of 300 and my rods were fine, I still changed them for peace of mind. I'd hate to spend all that cash on mods for the engine to blow.
Although like I say there are plenty out there with OEM rods that are fine, it's a lottery

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
I'd want to know what caused the failure, Can't just assume it was the rods.
Maybe a ring snagged and caused a jam, Bad oil pressure or fuel pressure? Not saying they can cause such a failure but the cause needs to be found.

Would be best to find the cause in case the same thing happens to new block.

adeyspec

Oct 9, 2013
all this talk makes me worry, i wont be going stage 2 anytime soon but it is mapped, i want to fit a down pipe and decat and have bill map it for me but all this make me scared to drive lol

Kingscote

Ummm red.......
Jul 12, 2012
Loads are mate, I'm running just shy of 300 and my rods were fine, I still changed them for peace of mind. I'd hate to spend all that cash on mods for the engine to blow.
Although like I say there are plenty out there with OEM rods that are fine, it's a lottery

Yeah I guess. Fingers crossed I have a gd one :) I no it's been well looked after and it's low mileage :)

Kingscote

Ummm red.......
Jul 12, 2012
all this talk makes me worry, i wont be going stage 2 anytime soon but it is mapped, i want to fit a down pipe and decat and have bill map it for me but all this make me scared to drive lol

Bill did mine and it's been great :)

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Is everything else still intact ? ( turbo ? )
When my engine blew , it was because the turbo crumbled inside. Parts manged to fall into the engine , bending all my rods. Piston shot out the front and spat the oil out my exhaust .
That went at 92k with stage one revo. New engine now with 112k all mods for stage 2 and hasn't missed a beat ( until now - split pipe somewhere ) .

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
I'd want to know what caused the failure, Can't just assume it was the rods.
Maybe a ring snagged and caused a jam, Bad oil pressure or fuel pressure? Not saying they can cause such a failure but the cause needs to be found.

Would be best to find the cause in case the same thing happens to new block.

What other kind of issues could have caused this boost?

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
I wouldn't like to say. I'm not an expert in any way but something went wrong and the cause needs identifying to avoid it happening again. You say its run fine for 55k on the remap so something went wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.