Blown fuse

Matt21385

Looking for some advise, I replaced the blubs for my rear registration number plate with LED blbs but now they dont work. Would they have blown the fuse? I thought the led bulbs would have required less power. Can someone tell me where the fuse is located?

Thanks

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
They won't work as the LEON has the "bulb out" sensors. As the LED's don't draw the same current as a normal bulb, the car thinks the bulb is out and so turns it off. You will need to buy special bulbs if you want LED ones.

Matt21385

They won't work as the LEON has the "bulb out" sensors. As the LED's don't draw the same current as a normal bulb, the car thinks the bulb is out and so turns it off. You will need to buy special bulbs if you want LED ones.

I replaced the standard ones and they wont work either now. Will a fuse have blown?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I replaced the standard ones and they wont work either now. Will a fuse have blown?

I assume you switched the engine off between changing? I suppose technically yes, it could have but considering the current that an LED bulb *should* be pulling, it seems unlikely...

Matt21385

I assume you switched the engine off between changing? I suppose technically yes, it could have but considering the current that an LED bulb *should* be pulling, it seems unlikely...

Yes I had everything switched off. I will try them again just incase I havent inserted one correctly

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Thought I'd use this to save starting another thread...

I've changed my LED festoon internal bulbs back to standard OEM festoons today. The fronts are fine but when changing the back ( 2 x festoon above rear seats) it continually fuses both front and back internals. I have used 3 x 7.5v replacement fuses and at the moment I have taken the rear festoons out and the fronts are fine.

Any sparkies tell my why the tears keep going?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.