Blown turbo 1.4 tsi 2016 model

Ste mako

May 1, 2020
Preston
Ok guys she went bang? and I’m wondering if anyone knows a good garage in the preston area , I have had one quote of £840 for a reconditioned turbo fitted but think it’s a bit steep tbh any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Cant you jist buy another and do it yourself be cheaper than that surley

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
How many miles has the engine done? It's quite young to blow a turbo. Also has it been tuned? I have the same engine 150 bhp version on a 2017 plate, hence why I'd like to be aware.

Ste mako

May 1, 2020
Preston
How many miles has the engine done? It's quite young to blow a turbo. Also has it been tuned? I have the same engine 150 bhp version on a 2017 plate, hence why I'd like to be aware.
Mines just passed the 100k mark , it’s stage 1 tuned

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Ah the famous 100k. Even back when I tuned my 52 plate 130 TDI sport Ibiza there were often people needing to change turbos at around that mileage after tuning. Many recommended changing at or near 100k. How has the clutch held up and what mileage was it when tuned? No tuning on mine and don't drive hard very often. Fact is there is normally too much traffic to even try. Mine has only done just over 20k.

Ste mako

May 1, 2020
Preston
Ah the famous 100k. Even back when I tuned my 52 plate 130 TDI sport Ibiza there were often people needing to change turbos at around that mileage after tuning. Many recommended changing at or near 100k. How has the clutch held up and what mileage was it when tuned? No tuning on mine and don't drive hard very often. Fact is there is normally too much traffic to even try. Mine has only done just over 20k.
The clutch is fine and it was mapped by the previous owner 2 year ago so probably been thrashed lol I have her booked in for a new turbo so hopefully be back on the road soon ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.