Bluefin remap on brand new Leon Cupra R

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
That's your choice.

Personally, I like to see the before remap/after remap figures so that:

a) You know it's working correctly.
b) You have an idea of the increase in performance (ignoring the figures due to RR lottery).

Without an RR you have precisely this unknown of 'has it actually done anything?'

chris128

May 2, 2010
N.E Lincolnshire
Yeah I know what you're saying, but with the latest adjustments and running it on super unleaded it does feel noticeably different. It sounds like plenty of other people have had it done on this engine and had RR done and it pulled roughly what it should, so I can't see any reason why mine wouldn't, especially with it only having 1400 miles on the clock.

tractorboy

Jul 13, 2009
Middle East
DNA tuning are anything but professional. They locked out my ECU and I was with out my cupra for 8 weeks.

And to top it all lost my warranty as I had to have a replacement ECU. John has to be one of the most unprofessional person in the tuning Industry.

They have also been caught copying revo's code Apparently

QUOTE=AndrewJB;3987271]Where do i say that EVERY other map is bad?

Some proper established companies out there such as DNA Tuning (Race Leon's in the Dunlop Production touring car series) and R-t3ch who are very respected. you can tell just by talking to these guys that they actually know what they are talking about. Sha.rk spent hours tuning my previous PD170 leon i sat there and watched them tinkering on programs and testing stuff

im talking about your everyday cowboy who goes onto a torrent site, downloads maps for cars and then goes around in his van flashing cars, people then come onto forums and say i had this company map my car and its superb pulls really well

At the end of the day

Person 1 buys a map from a cowboy for £150 for his car nad yes it will feel better, 1 year later he decides he wants to have REVO because it will get more power so forks out £500, then pays another £50 to have revo stage2 flashed 6 months later

or he could of just forked out £500 for APR/REVO in the first place[/QUOTE]

FR_Kris

Nope not a Cupra r, on my 'regular' :)blink: ) TSI . Although people with scirocco R's seem to like them which has the same engine as yours. FR_kris had bluefin on his R for a while and enjoyed his stage 1 I think before going stage 2 :)

Ben is correct I was fairly happy with the Bluefin once I had got the timing adjusted as the power only came in a 5,000rpm but after the adjustment felt fsairly stock. The map made fairly good power as well as per the graph below but I am now running Stage 2+ APR which is a completly different ball game.

photo-2.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Interesting. What are red coils? Also, not heard of Samtch exhaust - is that a custom system?

Would love to have a blast in/against a sorted APR car properly to compare.

FR_Kris

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Aye that would be good - except I am way up North.

Thanks for the links.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Quite like the look of that exhaust - looks very OEM. Is it a 3" system all the way through and can you have it with a catted downpipe?

FR_Kris

Quite like the look of that exhaust - looks very OEM. Is it a 3" system all the way through and can you have it with a catted downpipe?

Yes mate 100 or 200 cell cat:-

http://samtechperformance.co.uk/presta/index.php?id_product=99&controller=product

http://samtechperformance.co.uk/presta/index.php?id_product=103&controller=product

Its 3" up to where the pipe splits then the pipes break off at 2.75" we rolling roaded this and the full 3" setup and the smaller pipes got slightly higher figures (literally 2hp and 3 torques) I choose this setup to get the OEM look the, tailpipes are also removable to allow bigger ones to be fitted.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.