Bluefin?

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Got bluefin on my R and I honestly love it. Comes to life about 3.5k and doesn't seem to let up till I do... I got the bluefin as I wanted to be able to ditch map for service / warranty etc, not that anyone notices though and also because im paranoid about clutch etc... I've only ever had custard on my old pd170 so can't compare my experience to others with Revo / APR etc on Cupra's. they do sound more powerful but I'm happy with the Fin at least. Each to there own I suppose. Also no idea of overall bhp or lb/ft but defo better driving experience than standard...
D

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
I have bluefin on my FR 2.0 TSI (211). Its awesome, it pulls so hard now in every gear and gives the extra "shove in the seat" feeling that the standard car lacks IMO. I sometimes put the car back to standard just to remind myself of the difference! In that mode it now feels soooo slow, almost as if I am driving with the handbrake on.

Revo may well have a little higher readings, but at the end of the day it's how the car behaves on the road and how enjoyable it is to drive. Smoothness of power delivery etc are far more important on the road, than a graph that reads 5hp more for an extra £200...

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
REVO's soon to be released new stage 1 software with no other mods. At one of Scotland's most reputable dyno's. Extreme Motorsports at Scottish VAG's rolling road day

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh mate it's fun. I was just very impressed with how the 2 runs were so even with no heat soak etc and a smooth power and torque curve :)

Last edited:

jonny1978

Dec 11, 2011
West lothian
Decided that I didn't want to mod my car apart from a remap so took the plung and ordered
a bluefin last night. I know from doing my research on the web Revo seams to be abetter map
but I'm not looking for massive power gains just a bit better top end. And for the price seamed the best option for me.
I'll stick up a review after I've installed it for any one that's intrested.
Just hope I dont use the 7 day money back offer.

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
Damn it! Im looking at a remap very soon and don't know whether to get this at the discounted price or wait for a revo discount. GTI inters are round the corner so I think there may be an offer come up but if I wait it out and there's no offer, I will miss out on a big saving on the bluefin!!

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
I'm looking at a bluefin for my 140 tdi. I like the fact that i can put it bak to factory settings. Just hope the torque won't eat tyres every couple of months. Lol. Anyone had a bluefin on a 140 tdi before? Thanks

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
I had one on my golf 140. It didn't wheel spin too much tbh. My mates 140 wheel spins like mad so it's not as bad as other tuners. In general super chips are not very aggressive low down. Feels standard until higher up rev range

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
I had one on my golf 140. It didn't wheel spin too much tbh. My mates 140 wheel spins like mad so it's not as bad as other tuners. In general super chips are not very aggressive low down. Feels standard until higher up rev range

Iv after a power gain but also a smoother power delivery. I wouldn't want a aggressive map as that's not gonna ve good long term i think. Also does the bluefin smoke?

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
Tbh with mine, my turbo went but I think it was due out anyway because it was whistling before the map and they usually fail at about 90,000. Tbh if your considering the safest map then it's gotta be superchips, or alternatively no map at all. Revo is aggressive. Superchips are known to be a bit soft. Mine certainly felt it anyway. Not sure weather to stick with something safe like that again or go for revo or something similar as you seem to feel these maps a little more

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Would still give a good gain in power tho right? And i would be able to noitce the gain yeah? I mean 40bhp is a lot so should be a hell of a lot more powerful right?

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
You will notice the power, mainly when you floor it, less when you don't. You can remove it and reinstall it in 10 minutes to feel the difference

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
That's exactly what i want. Calm around town but when I'm in the mood the car changes into a beast. Will sadly have to wait until im back from holiday.

Lee M

Yeh mate it's fun. I was just very impressed with how the 2 runs were so even with no heat soak etc and a smooth power and torque curve :)

BIGG. Any idea on what the changes are over stage 1 'old' version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
From speaking to Revo and Al. The fuelling is trimmed lower down. Which in turn creates lower egt's allowing slightly more power to be made top end but also obtaining more power for longer :)

Craig01988

Aug 27, 2010
Waiting for a response from bluefin as to whether the unit will work with my car or if I'd have to visit a local dealer for them to unlock it.

Seems like they have 20% off at the minute, so would be £365 inc delivery direct from there site.

Don't suppose anyone knows of a graph for the CR140 before/after bluefin?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.