Bluetooth not working

Sep 9, 2020
Thanks in advance to those that can provide some pearls of wisdom.

About two years ago the bluetooth in my car stopped working, when I go to select 'Phone' on the head unit it askes me if i want to turn bluetooth on, tap 'yes' then it says bluetooth unavailable.

My mate used his vcds to determine that the bluetooth module wasnt visible.

System info:
Part number: 5F0035858A
Hardware: 040
Software: 0421

To try and resolve the issue, i have...

Reset the head unit (hold down power button until reboot) and also reset to factory settings.
Checked the connnectors on the back of both the head unit and glovebox unit, no visible signs of failure.
Disconnected the battery for 1+ hours in the the vein hope it would burst into life on reconnection.

I fear that i require a new bluetooth module, my question are...

Where is it? My assumption is its contained within the unit in the glove box.

And

Will it require coding to the car if i were to replace it?

Thanks for any help given.

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Had a look at the technical manuals i have for the leon but cannot see anything obvious regarding a separate bluetooth module so sadly i think it might be part of the unit itself. Could be wrong though.

PM me and i can send you a link to the communication and electrical manuals i have, they might help you find all the bits behind the dashboard

Reactions: Med5f
Oct 17, 2021
Hello guys i have a problem with my bluetooth can someone help me pleaaase
My bluetooth is broken i can’t connect my phone with it . When i click on bluetooth settings it says that bluetooth is not available
Model : 5F0035824A
Version : 0421

Oct 17, 2021
Had a look at the technical manuals i have for the leon but cannot see anything obvious regarding a separate bluetooth module so sadly i think it might be part of the unit itself. Could be wrong though.

PM me and i can send you a link to the communication and electrical manuals i have, they might help you find all the bits behind the dashboard
Can you help me please ?

Apr 24, 2022
Germany
Thanks in advance to those that can provide some pearls of wisdom.

About two years ago the bluetooth in my car stopped working, when I go to select 'Phone' on the head unit it askes me if i want to turn bluetooth on, tap 'yes' then it says bluetooth unavailable.

My mate used his vcds to determine that the bluetooth module wasnt visible.

System info:
Part number: 5F0035858A
Hardware: 040
Software: 0421

To try and resolve the issue, i have...

Reset the head unit (hold down power button until reboot) and also reset to factory settings.
Checked the connnectors on the back of both the head unit and glovebox unit, no visible signs of failure.
Disconnected the battery for 1+ hours in the the vein hope it would burst into life on reconnection.

I fear that i require a new bluetooth module, my question are...

Where is it? My assumption is its contained within the unit in the glove box.

And

Will it require coding to the car if i were to replace it?

Thanks for any help given.
When i turned my Bluetooth off it won’t go back on, it gives me the option to turn it on but nothing happens, if anyone found out a solution plz reply

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members