Bocanegra

Dan Bingham

Jan 4, 2019
Hi Peeps,

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2009 Bocanegra for £2,500. It's in pretty good condition, done 72,000 miles although the timing belt has gone so is a non runner.

What do you think?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmm, when you say the timing belt has gone... you mean snapped? Chances are, if thats the case you'd probably be looking at a couple of thousand worth of engine work to get it back up and running. Assuming that theres nothing else wrong with it. Keeping in mind, I have a 2006 Leon with 71,000 on it and it's on it's 3rd timing belt now (following the service schedule).

Dan Bingham

Jan 4, 2019
Yes, it's snapped. The seller has said that he has been quoted around £500 to get the work done but its all verbal and nothing on paper. I know nothing else apart from the fact that it snapped whilst he drove it out of his driveway but nothing to suggest it has caused extensive engine damage.

Perhaps I should go with my instinct and walk away.

Dan Bingham

Jan 4, 2019
OK, so I have passed this one up. Is the Bocenegra a car to go for, or is there a better alternative?

Is it really that good?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
OK, so I have passed this one up. Is the Bocenegra a car to go for, or is there a better alternative?

Is it really that good?

I think that was a good call. Trub is with a snapped belt, it could have done 0 damage or 1000s of damage. But you won't know till you strip it down. By which point you've already spent money.

Personally I quite like them but have only ever owned Leons. Depends what you are looking for really as you could go Ibiza, Ibiza Cupra, Leon MK1, Leon MK2. Depending on budget, trim level, engine size.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise