Bonnet/bumper cover?

ian cupra r

All

I am thinking of getting the bonnet and bumper resprayed due to stone chips - not really that bad based on 5 year old cupra r and 50K covered but does any one know of any protection covers you can put on bonnet and bumper

I can remember seeing on fith gear they covered a front of a car in like clear sticky stuff (like you used to cover your school books with) to protect against stone chips and was wondering if anyone knew of any companys that due such a thing?

Might not even bother but as black shows all marks

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
I know you can get a bonnet bra which i am going to get for when i do motorway journeys but you shouldn't leave them on!!! I am in the same boat as i have a 9 year old Imperial Blue LC and it has stone chips galore on it, i am having it painted and then going to cover it when using the motor way!!

saintelise

The 'clear sticky stuff' is paint protection film.

I've got it my Cupra also had it fitted on my Elise too.

Made by various firms incuding Armourfend and Ventureshield.

Only worth putting on new cars or re-sprayed areas otherwise you will just see the stonechips underneath.

Depending on coverage you could be looking at £200 upwards fitted to the car.

I know you can get a bonnet bra which i am going to get for when i do motorway journeys but you shouldn't leave them on!!! I am in the same boat as i have a 9 year old Imperial Blue LC and it has stone chips galore on it, i am having it painted and then going to cover it when using the motor way!!
I wouldn't bother with a bonnet bra on a cupra as it only covers (height wise) about a quarter of the area of the exposed bumper so your bonnet will look good but your bumper will still look pap!
I bought my LCR last week for what i consider a low price as i knew it needed painting so i got a quote from CHIPS AWAY in CRAMLINGTON Newcastle area, £350 for bonnet, front bumper, front wings, front pillars, repair cracked rear bumper and paint it then machine polish whole car, 4 days work but i think worth paying £350 every 2-3 years to have a mint looking car especially as it's black.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.