bonnet fliped open

daves ibiza

as title saids up the top
i was working on car the other day doin coldside dv. and gas bonnet lifter my misses called me in for tea i finished the job all happy with the results in sound ect the i left bonnet open on first catch then went back out abouts 9ish and totally forgot bonnet latch any way got couple of hundreds yards and bang it hit the top ov roof and bent my bonnet and ripped lifters out :cry: i was only goin 30 on a one road street. anyways didnt cause as much damage as thought just bent my bonnet luckly didnt smash window and damage roof. ive priced up a bonnet and its come to £58 so not bad anyone think that price is cheap or expensive . i think the bonnet lifters saved most of damage really so im a bit happy bout that. many thanks for yout time.dave

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
hooly **** that was bad:(
what was in that cop of tea??some lsd:whistle:
hope you get i sorted soon and don`t take a cop of tea next time;)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sounds pretty reasonable for a bonnet and buy a lottery ticket as ya one lucky sod if that's the only damage :)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
sounds pretty reasonable for a bonnet and buy a lottery ticket as ya one lucky sod if that's the only damage :)

True say, windscreen is minor but if the roof got damage, would be real bad. Good excuse to get a carbon fibre bonnet :D

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
my bonnet flipped up on me and lucky enough never had any damage apart from the bonnet being dented both sides but got another red 1 from salvage yard for 30sheets, and as for the carbon bonnet you wont find a second hand 1 for love no money ive been hunting them down on here for ages lol

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
:doh: Lucky you were only going slow and that was the only damage...

Id use it as an excuse to get a carbon bonnet though...[B)]

Martyn1989

Jul 22, 2009
Bet that scared the **** out of you. Let that be a lesson to us all!

£58 aint bad though.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
awesome price for the bonnet. my Oe one cost me a lot more than that.
much higher speed in mine when it flipped up.... and muchos damage.

you sound like you got away with it a lot less.. (which you would some 70mph slower than mine was at the time) :cry:

daves ibiza

lol scared the:censored: out of me and misses. yeah gaz i remember you telling me yours fliped open you still got your chalk board:lol:

daves ibiza

i am looking at carbon bonnets and pricey is not the word lol

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
as title saids up the top
i was working on car the other day doin coldside dv. and gas bonnet lifter my misses called me in for tea i finished the job all happy with the results in sound ect the i left bonnet open on first catch then went back out abouts 9ish and totally forgot bonnet latch any way got couple of hundreds yards and bang it hit the top ov roof and bent my bonnet and ripped lifters out :cry: i was only goin 30 on a one road street. anyways didnt cause as much damage as thought just bent my bonnet luckly didnt smash window and damage roof. ive priced up a bonnet and its come to £58 so not bad anyone think that price is cheap or expensive . i think the bonnet lifters saved most of damage really so im a bit happy bout that. many thanks for yout time.dave

hahahahaha. sorry to hear that mate

what was in that cop of tea??some lsd:whistle:
;)

that was starters you wanna ask what was for main course and desert

i am looking at carbon bonnets and pricey is not the word lol

do it. i will have a look down the scrappies next time i am there. they did have a mk3 the other week

daves ibiza

ive orders a bonnet now but it would be nice for carbon one lol

ry you going sunday dude

daves ibiza

and you can set up my laptop isit :censored:or if not bring yours got new resistors now.

if looks could kill id be dead the misses face was a picture when it liffted because it bent so far back i couldnt see out off gap lol

Last edited by a moderator: