bonnet lifters

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
I've just got some bonnet lifters from volksbits but i was expecting them to lift the bonnet themselves, basically i have to push the bonnet all the way to the top for the bonnet lifters to hold the bonnet up. on other bonnet lifters eg my gf's lupo gti it pushes the bonnet up on there own. is this normal due to the fact they just a modd and not a factory fit, I don't know but i'm not very happy if i knew i would of just kept the stick thingy :(

flashbsd

Mine takes it the rest of the way once about half open, The bonnet is very heavy

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
Jonzy said:
I gave up trying to fit mine and sold em on ebay, trash.
think i might do that they pissed me off loads i thought i fitted them wrong at first

Martin CUK

CruisinUK.com
Jul 13, 2004
NW
www.cruisinuk.com
Fitted mine pretty easily once I sussed how they went on, and I only have to lift my bonnet about half way or less and the struts take over and lift it up to full extent, so not sure what's up with yours...

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
i bought bonnet lifters from volksbits about 6 months ago and fitted them with no problems whatsoever. went on first time and like martin says above, lift the bonnet to about half way and you're away! :)

dont give up on them cos they are brilliant little lifters! well worth the £15 i paid for mine! i'm not sure its possible to fit them the wring way round is it?!?!

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
mine were fitted nice and easily as well...

In this cold weather though the gas in the struts is also getting very cold! Mine has real problems opening at the moment but works much better when its a little warmer...

Keep them on an at least until it warms up a little and see what you think!

LeeroyBrown

Rite on!!!
May 7, 2005
Cornwall
I got the same problem, tried to fit mine everyway possible but bonnett wouldnt shut properly, got pissed off with thm and ended up selling thm on the bay aswell :(

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Had no problems wih mine.

I dont think they will lift the bonnet without a little help due to the angle of them.

Also the boot liffters dont do this either, until past a certain point.

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
I'll try fitting them the other way but i think they just might be knackered, not keen thanks for all the reply's

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
do a search for info here, loads of stuff.
fited mine with the fat cylinder bits at the top/next to bonnett. piece of pi$$
lift half way and it does the rest. should be called bonnet stayers not lifters.

DO NOT let the bonnet drop expecting them to lower it gently either . . . . . .

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise