Bonnet sound insulation mat for mk4?

yaffa0

Active Member
Jan 26, 2017
43
18
Does anybody know if there is a bonnet sound insulation mat available as a spare part for mk4 ST model? I’ve noticed that PHEV models come without it but eTSI 1.5 has it. I wonder why? If anybody has the spare part number, link, etc., appreciated. I’m waiting for my E-Hybrid to arrive and thought having that extra sound insulation would make sense.
 

corbu33

Active Member
Oct 24, 2020
116
17
Only Leon E-Hybrid is like this with no insulation... but trust me you don't need it... it is a very quite engine, even in big loads. I wanted to do the same and is just around 50EUR the original part (from Seat) but I didn't do it in the end. It is much quieter than many competitor cars so... I relaxed :).
 

yaffa0

Active Member
Jan 26, 2017
43
18
Only Leon E-Hybrid is like this with no insulation... but trust me you don't need it... it is a very quite engine, even in big loads. I wanted to do the same and is just around 50EUR the original part (from Seat) but I didn't do it in the end. It is much quieter than many competitor cars so... I relaxed :).
Ok, thanks for your reply. I thought the 1.4 TSI Petrol would make some noice and thus the insulation would be needed. If you still have the part number, please share it. I need to then make my mind, whether to order it or not. :)
 

Jimbobcook

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Nov 24, 2012
6,150
2,533

yaffa0

Active Member
Jan 26, 2017
43
18
I have driven the 1.4 eHybrid and the 1.5 eTSI in the MK4 Leon and can happily say the 1.4 is a quiet engine for sure, I did some internal sound checks with some non pro hardware and if you check the review here (https://www.seatcupra.net/2021/01/31/2021-seat-leon-e-hybrid-fr-204ps-dsg-review/) it shows 2-3db less in the 1.4 and that was without the sound proofing as you mentioned.

Great car you've ordered.

Hope that helps
OK. Thanks. I'll start without the bonnet insulation then and order it afterwards if really needed (most likely not).

BTW, It seems to be very difficult to get the car. I've ordered it at the end of November 2020 and still waiting. Production of my car is supposed to be started at the end of this month, 6 months from ordering :O and that may not even hold. It could take even longer... :(
 

SEALen1

Active Member
Apr 18, 2021
30
3
Sweden
OK. Thanks. I'll start without the bonnet insulation then and order it afterwards if really needed (most likely not).

BTW, It seems to be very difficult to get the car. I've ordered it at the end of November 2020 and still waiting. Production of my car is supposed to be started at the end of this month, 6 months from ordering :O and that may not even hold. It could take even longer... :(
Yeah, my car was delayed 9 weeks here in Sweden. It's because there is a computer chip shortage due to C19. And boy does this car have a lot of computer chips in it :) Too bad they didn't go for a better CPU for the infotainment system. I mean a €200 Android tablet from 5 years ago has more horsepower then this car (pun intended :) ). I don't understand how the infotainment system can be so slow and unresponsive in this day and age.

Especially if you connect Android Auto to the car all the car menus are so slooow you can have a coffee break between swipes. Luckily the actual Android Auto function is working flawlessly for me when it has connected correctly. It connects correctly about 98% of the time. The other 2% I need to restart the car and/or the infotainment system and also maybe the phone to get it working again :/

But overall I'm still liking the car. My work trips are very cheap on electric and on my latest long-haul the car used 4.8l/100 km. Not bad considering the 1721kg weight of the car. Also kicking it into sport mode when overtaking and getting that electric boost... nice indeed :)

If you haven't noticed you can change to sport mode and back again by pulling down on the gear selector (on the eHybrid at least).
 

yaffa0

Active Member
Jan 26, 2017
43
18
Yeah, my car was delayed 9 weeks here in Sweden. It's because there is a computer chip shortage due to C19. And boy does this car have a lot of computer chips in it :) Too bad they didn't go for a better CPU for the infotainment system. I mean a €200 Android tablet from 5 years ago has more horsepower then this car (pun intended :) ). I don't understand how the infotainment system can be so slow and unresponsive in this day and age.

Especially if you connect Android Auto to the car all the car menus are so slooow you can have a coffee break between swipes. Luckily the actual Android Auto function is working flawlessly for me when it has connected correctly. It connects correctly about 98% of the time. The other 2% I need to restart the car and/or the infotainment system and also maybe the phone to get it working again :/

But overall I'm still liking the car. My work trips are very cheap on electric and on my latest long-haul the car used 4.8l/100 km. Not bad considering the 1721kg weight of the car. Also kicking it into sport mode when overtaking and getting that electric boost... nice indeed :)

If you haven't noticed you can change to sport mode and back again by pulling down on the gear selector (on the eHybrid at least).
I am using iPhone so I hope the Apple CarPlay would work faster and not slow the system down. I have noticed in my existing car (Leon ST, 5F) that when iPhone is connected via cable to the infotainment system, the system is quite responsive. But whey my son connects his Android phone, the system starts generally lag and sometimes even hang. Maybe the Android has some features which Seat is not that familiar with? Android updates itself quite often and has generally more changes in the core system.

Can't wait to get driving with the car...
 

corbu33

Active Member
Oct 24, 2020
116
17
I don't know what SEA is talking about... but I am using Apple as well so might not be the car. And the only moment the infotainment is sluggish (but this I have seen it in every modern car to be honest) it is in the first 20 sec when you start the car first in that day... otherwise works very smooth and is much much better than any competitor (in the VAG group and to be honest I dare say in the Leon class).

And after you set it up (very easy btw... looks maybe overwhelming in the first day but if you spend 1 hour on it and you set it up ... then no need for later adjustments and with 1-2 touches I can use any function I need on the car) ... so I consider it easy to use but not from the first minute.