Bonnet Vents

simonj

Feb 22, 2008
Has anyone got any bonnet vents on their Leon was thinking of getting some more cold air in to the engine bay - pics please.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
NO%20at%20Heathrow.jpg

Don't think I've seen one, and to be honest seeing its the reserve of ricers I don't think it's such a bad thing.

I get the sentiment of what you want to achieve, but you'd be better off venting your arch liners (as per Audi TT), and then doing some insulating link.

simonj

Feb 22, 2008
Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Do you mean bonnet vents or scoops as they are usually different things?

A scoop will bring cold air into the engine bay (such as a ram air intake on the Impreza) where as louvres will usually vent hot air out of the engine bay (like on the Focus RS).

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
some well places vents in the wings with the Cold air feed directed to them could be very interesting in my eyes would be good to see if they made any actual difference

Joe K

May 31, 2009
A while back I had renualt 19 16v phase2 which had a nice ram air scoop on the bonnet that I always thought would do well in front of an induction kit ...

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
NO%20at%20Heathrow.jpg

Don't think I've seen one, and to be honest seeing its the reserve of ricers I don't think it's such a bad thing.

I get the sentiment of what you want to achieve, but you'd be better off venting your arch liners (as per Audi TT), and then doing some insulating link.

oi mr cox nothing wrong with ricer cars, well the ones that should have vents in their bonnets!;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The Leon was not designed to have these and it can cause pressure drop problems across radiator and FMIC.
I though about doing this too but was warned against it by Forge Motorsport.
Even on the track I've not really felt the need for this, the radiators fans do a good job of cooling

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members