Booked into Powerflow...

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Ive made my booking and its quite a reasonable price. £150 for CAT back (with my current backbox) and additional £50/60 for turbo to CAT pipe. Il let you all know how it goes!

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Make sure you check the exhaust after they've been at it. This was poerflows idea of bending an exhaust around a rear beam on somone i know's Celica....

IMG_3548%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3550%20(Medium).JPG

Hardly eficeint airflow IMO. But then again, the quality of Powerflow tends to change alot between different fitters.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
do let us know and dont leave out any of the problems they face when the realise the downpipe from the turbo to the rest of the exhaust system and the cat are one piece and therefore will never sell you it for that unless the use your original cat (which would be pointless)

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
which user on here has a IHI conversion with a powerflow system, cant remember his name but hes got a blue cupra?

Also does anyone know how long they last before they begin to rust?

Barry.L

May 11, 2006
Reading
not long, i had a powerflow on my old fiesta, it started to rust after a couple of months. the stainless steel is the poorest quality available. as said tho it depends where you go, some dealers are excellent others are shite.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Top Gear (powerflow) St Albans are quite good, they did my Saxo ;)

Then again there is some difference between a French 1.4 and a Spanish 1.8 lol

Mike

Barry.L

May 11, 2006
Reading
also topgear use better quality s/steel than powerflow, so it doesn't rust...

Autowise in Burgess Hill, West sussex

if your referring to all top gears id have to disagree with that statement, topgear in basingstoke did mine, the quality was shocking. i had to go back 3 times to get it fixed. and it rusted really badly.

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
ive got a powerflow which was done in redditch/midlands and ive not had a problem with it yet......the tailpipe has discoloured slightly but ive never polished it so im gonna give it a go when i clean it and see what happens. If i doesnt polish up then ill take it back.

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
had mine done at powerflow in stafford on my old car, had it on 4 years with no problems. hes since changed the name to custome exhauist is in set up on his own now, he makes his on silencers too which i was quite impressed about. crackng bloke and good service. i've got his number if any one wants it.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I thought S/S didn't rust, and have a lifetime guarantee AGAINST rusting? This is what I had on my saxo? Same with the Milltek I have? (I believe)

T7ODD

mines stainless throughout, been under the car and checked it myself.....i payed £220 ish for it.

Have you done the magnet test?
Higher quality stainless steel, which has less chance of rusting, is non-magnetic. I think you'll find Powerflow systems are magnetic, whereas Longlife systems are not. Although, I think my Longlife system was a bit on the pricey side.

The following is taken from here

"A basic stainless steel has a 'ferritic' structure and is magnetic. These are formed from the addition of chromium and can be hardened through the addition of carbon (making them 'martensitic') and are often used in cutlery. However, the most common stainless steels are 'austenitic' - these have a higher chromium content and nickel is also added. It is the nickel which modifies the physical structure of the steel and makes it non-magnetic."

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
Have you done the magnet test?
Higher quality stainless steel, which has less chance of rusting, is non-magnetic. I think you'll find Powerflow systems are magnetic, whereas Longlife systems are not. Although, I think my Longlife system was a bit on the pricey side.

The following is taken from here

"A basic stainless steel has a 'ferritic' structure and is magnetic. These are formed from the addition of chromium and can be hardened through the addition of carbon (making them 'martensitic') and are often used in cutlery. However, the most common stainless steels are 'austenitic' - these have a higher chromium content and nickel is also added. It is the nickel which modifies the physical structure of the steel and makes it non-magnetic."

no i havnt actually, interesting point though.......but then again, if it rusts, ill take it back and get a new one.:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise