Booked the car in and its all gone pear shaped

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
Well Inde-Tech had my car booked in today for 40k service and also cambelt waterpump. I had to cancel it and rebook for next week...... after doing this all hell broke loose with the car. Engine lights came on and EPC light on.... engine dieing etc. (must of wanted to really go to inde-tech today HA HA)

Ended up calling Inde-Tech and asking if i could get it back in today after all.... luckily they were happy to let me bring it in and leave it with them.

As i reached Inde-tech , well in fact about 300yrds away the car suddenly died and wouldn't not restart..... off i walked and what do you know one of the guys came with me, he checked it straight away for me with the diag kit, fault found Crack sensor knackered... DOH!.... just 300 more yards and i would of got there lol.

Best bit is he then pushed the motor to the garage for me..... both being knackered when we got there....

Now its with them, so for 40k service, cambelt and poss crank sensor reckon the bills gonna be big. Not long before i need new brakes and discs too but will grab them from motorserv ..... MIKE!!

Worse bit was i didn't even have time to clean it and its in a big of a state at the moment.... what with the nephews etc being in it!!

The main reason for posting is just to big up the customer service of Inde-Tech so far and reccomend them for those local to MK.

Will update once its repaired !

Last edited:

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Nice to have a garage express genuine care for a car, God knows their above-and-behond attitute will be reflected in the price :p

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
lol na 40k service as i wanted a big service done, its done 74k now.

Just found out the crank sensor is definately dead, need front brake pads only (will do disc change and pads all round next time).... also washer jet pipe for rear window is leaking into boot.... only a bit and no real cost...

Cv boot starting to perish but said its not going anywhere yet!...

So service 40k, cambelt and water pump, front brake pads, crank sensor and a couple of other little bits. roughly in region of £650 i reckon lol

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
once all this is done ill fit my hids and other bits thats been here for a while..........

Left it with them for the weekend bearing in mind i had not got it booked in i think they are superb so far....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I might have a crank sensor..... they're hellishly expensive

will check part numbers later (I should have done it before I bought it [and found it was wrong])

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
cheers mate, yeah they fitted it now though, thanks its come in at £80 fitted ouch!!

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
well...... all done thanks to inde-tech .

Ended up having the following done..... expensive but at least its all done. Big thanks to them for fitting it in when it broke down and pushing it to the garage and getting it back to me within a day...... in Friday back to me saturday. Well happy with service would reccomend.
Service 40k - £180
Cambelt and waterpump - £310
crank sensor - £89
exhaust bracket replaced (snapped off) - £15
rear washer jet leaking into boot - £15
front pads replaced - £77

think that was it....... got the pads done and will see mike when they need doing again and get new discs and pads all round...

It now runs like a new motor its so smooth, must have had an issue for a bit..... with stuttering etc....

Now over the next week or next weekend get the hids and other kit fitted......and a well deserved clean.

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
Cam belt @ 40K thats way early!

This shocked me too but my dealer told me it's revised down to sooner of 4 years or 40k. I reckon it's good for a lot more as you rarely hear of failures on here but I had it done as I thought better safe than sorry.

cmc

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
mines clocked 73k now.....all i meant was its had the 40k (big type service)

just glad its done and no more, will it go type worries

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members