boosting funny

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
hi guys, got a problem with my cupra. it's fine for accelerating now and again, but sometimes when i accelrate from 1st gear, flat out through all the gears, i lose all boost in 3rd and 4th temporarily, then it comes back and you can really notice it, just randomly stops boosting completely around 4-5000rpm sometimes for a second or two then comes back?! i fitted a forge FMIC and full blueflame system on sunday, and it is still doing it as i thought it might be heatsoak. i5 doesn't do it all the time though. just sometimes when i've been giving it some for about 5 - 10 minutes at night on quiet roads.

i'm getting my k03s and re-map all done in a couple of weeks and obviously i'm worried it might do it with that. any ideas guys? thanks.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Dogy N75 valve can be imtermitttent as well. Runs fine 1 minute, goes haywire the next.

Agreed tho, check DV first.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
ok, how do i check if the DV is sticking?! i have only had it on there for about 2 weeks it's brand new.

also, i have the standard TIP at the moment, but i have a samco one, ready to go on when the K03s is put on.

my mate has removed his N75 valve i think. he said that stops the DV cutting boost or something?

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Remove DV. With a pen, push the piston up from the bottom. Cover the top nipple with your finger. If it shuts it's faulty, if it holds open, it's ok. Check the 'o' rings on the inside as well to make sure they're in place.

Doubt your mate removed the N75 valve. More like the N249 valve.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
thanks for that guys. i will have a check. as i say it's very intermittent and only happens very occasionally!

N249 valve. that was it. what does it actually do when you remove that?

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
N249 valve. that was it. what does it actually do when you remove that?

In true technical terms I'm not sure :whistle: , but before mine was removed my car used to go into limp mode under full load at low rpm's quite frequently (this was after the K03S conversion), now it's removed, limp mode no longer happens. Searching will no doubt reveal what it's all about as it's been covered quite alot in the past.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.