boot lid light on dash always on

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
before i start i need to mention that my car had a rear collision and hence the problem

when the boot lid is closed, the light on the dash still stays on, claiming that the lid is still open,

i have looked for a switch on the boot lid but cant find one, i,m guessing that the switch is inbuilt into the lock itself, that when the metals from the boot lid touch the lach on the base, this then turns the light off???

can anyone help, if this is the case, do i need to strip down the plastic covers to see if the wires are connected correctly

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

bash

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
There is a microswitch inside the boot lock mechanism itself, the lower bit, the part with the metal hook that engages the locking staple on the boot floor. The switch is not sold separately by Seat, and a dealer would just replace the whole lock mechanism. Probably your best bet is to find one at a scrap merchant.

The locks are not meant to be taken apart and may be rivetted together. There should be one electrical connection, a pair of wires, to the lock mechanism.

TSL 333

Company car arrived so selling up!
May 13, 2008
Glasgow
water can leak from the rear wash/ wipe and c0ck things up a bit..

check that out as a starter for ten...

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
before i start i need to mention that my car had a rear collision and hence the problem

when the boot lid is closed, the light on the dash still stays on, claiming that the lid is still open,

i have looked for a switch on the boot lid but cant find one, i,m guessing that the switch is inbuilt into the lock itself, that when the metals from the boot lid touch the lach on the base, this then turns the light off???

can anyone help, if this is the case, do i need to strip down the plastic covers to see if the wires are connected correctly

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

bash

Has this been repaired at a garage under insurance? if so take it back and get them to sort it :)

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
help with locking system

guys need some help here, i have checked to see if the bootlid light stays on when the lid is closed, i checked and its off... yet the light on the dash is still on...

was going to take it to get it on a vag com it the next few days, just wanted to check if any of the microswitches or door modules are knackered, will it show this up???

if theres a fault with the wiring will this show up...

i was thinking shall i go for the vag com 1st or shall i take it to a auto electrician

the whole locking system seems to be pretty F*cked now, when i unlock the drivers door with the key fob, after about 3 secs it locks again, so i have to be pretty fast to get in

any ideas, its my 1st lcr and im trying not to get P*ssed off.

any help guys