Boot not unlocking with door

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Usually press the unlock button on the fob and the car would unlock all doors and the boot.

within the last week it is no longer unlocking the boot. I have to stand there and hold the boot unlock button on the fob which half pops the boot

what is wrong with it and can i get it back to unlocking the boot when the doors unlock

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Have you managed to change a setting in the head unit so it only does the driver door with one press and it needs two presses for all doors/tailgate ?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Have you managed to change a setting in the head unit so it only does the driver door with one press and it needs two presses for all doors/tailgate ?
No i haven’t been into the head unit.

all doors still open from the fob unlock button just the boot has stopped working this past week. Haven’t changed any settings

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Our 3 doors same proper annoying and tried to change setting but nothing.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Have you disconnected the battery to maybe reset settings?

(as in if you have then it may have changed to unlock drivers side/ passengers aide and not boot)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Have you disconnected the battery to maybe reset settings?

(as in if you have then it may have changed to unlock drivers side/ passengers aide and not boot)
No i haven’t changed / done anything. The car is just over a year old and never been touched / modified / tinkered with

Reactions: LR231998

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Now the boot is hardly even opening from the boot release. Pops open a couple of mm but latch is still engaged

Another Seat fault to add to the list of many. Honestly the quality of this car is shocking. The worst i have owned by a long margin

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Now the boot is hardly even opening from the boot release. Pops open a couple of mm but latch is still engaged

Another Seat fault to add to the list of many. Honestly the quality of this car is shocking. The worst i have owned by a long margin
On the contrary, mine is brilliant build quality touch wood. But mine is a 2016 so maybe they cared more then. Hope you get it sorted!

Reactions: Kirky

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
On the contrary, mine is brilliant build quality touch wood. But mine is a 2016 so maybe they cared more then. Hope you get it sorted!
So far

1) dash cluster cracked with sunlight on warmest day of the year (not covered by warranty)
2) passenger front arch lining disintegrated (made from paper - again not covered)
3) various wheel bolt cap’s have fallen off
4) rear light covers in boot fall off every time boot is closed
5) plastic bonnet latch cover in engine bay flys off every time the bonnet is opened
6) infotainment system sometimes boots up, sometimes does not
7) boot will not unlock

im sure there is more pretty much every time the car is started something else breaks / falls off.

this is all on a 2018 68 plate car

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
So far

1) dash cluster cracked with sunlight on warmest day of the year (not covered by warranty)
2) passenger front arch lining disintegrated (made from paper - again not covered)
3) various wheel bolt cap’s have fallen off
4) rear light covers in boot fall off every time boot is closed
5) plastic bonnet latch cover in engine bay flys off every time the bonnet is opened
6) infotainment system sometimes boots up, sometimes does not
7) boot will not unlock

im sure there is more pretty much every time the car is started something else breaks / falls off.

this is all on a 2018 68 plate car
Wow i will collect a new cupra tomorrow.
We have two leons,older much better.
2017 dec. turbo rod noise,sat nav screen replaced crap again,alloys lacquer peeling,power loss but hope new car will be better .

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Wow i will collect a new cupra tomorrow.
We have two leons,older much better.
2017 dec. turbo rod noise,sat nav screen replaced crap again,alloys lacquer peeling,power loss but hope new car will be better .
Shocking i came from a 10 year old honda civic type R, not once ever did the car even have an advisory on an mot, rock solid engineering. Really really miss that car but family life took over :( so now i have a 5 door family with a 1.5 engine that could hardly pull the skin off a rice pudding

Sad times

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Shocking i came from a 10 year old honda civic type R, not once ever did the car even have an advisory on an mot, rock solid engineering. Really really miss that car but family life took over :( so now i have a 5 door family with a 1.5 engine that could hardly pull the skin off a rice pudding

Sad times
Ours both 1.4 with dsg not that slow,newer 1.5 fairly rubbish.
Small engine false economy or drive slow.
I had same experience with mercedes my life biggest rubbish was.mercedes spent around 15k under warranty.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019

Sad times
Chop it in for a 2016/2017 Cupra mate life’s too short for slow, bad quality cars ;)

civic Type R’s are brilliant I don’t see the hate on them personally. Brilliant engineering. did you have an EP3?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Ours both 1.4 with dsg not that slow,newer 1.5 fairly rubbish.
Small engine false economy or drive slow.
I had same experience with mercedes my life biggest rubbish was.mercedes spent around 15k under warranty.
I have the 130bhp in hindsight should maybe of got the 150bhp but there is now finally a remap available for the 130 taking it to 175 which would be nice

but with the issues taking it to 175 the wheels might actually fall off..... who knows

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
I have the 130bhp in hindsight should maybe of got the 150bhp but there is now finally a remap available for the 130 taking it to 175 which would be nice

but with the issues taking it to 175 the wheels might actually fall off..... who knows
Just wheel hopping:clap:but thats badly.im tired of front wheel drive.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Chop it in for a 2016/2017 Cupra mate life’s too short for slow, bad quality cars ;)

civic Type R’s are brilliant I don’t see the hate on them personally. Brilliant engineering. did you have an EP3?
I had the critically panned FN2, it was my favourite car i have ever owned. Not fast by any means in a straight line but vtec and the fun factor was addictive and even though it was not as good a handling car as the ep3 as it had a rear beam it still went round the bends better than any car i have owned.

the EP3 must of been mighty as the FN2 was still extremely capable.

the one i had was beyond mint and was my baby :(

F578-E3-C7-FED5-456-E-9-B13-2576-BF372-E8-C.jpg

F50349-EE-B9-A4-4-F5-C-BDF4-22-B43-F5-A381-E.jpg

719-A6-D5-A-32-A1-4-DDD-B5-A1-82-B8-E1-BF5173.png

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.