Boot release button on key

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Never used it .. Just use the unlock button as it does the job.. :)

Also, if i just use the boot button.. knowing me i'd some how leave my keys in there and be locked out of entire car.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Mine works too, but I dont use it because the boot auto locks when it is closed and dont want to risk my keys been in there.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Im pretty sure i seen some MK5 Golfs recoded so that they pop. Id like to turn mine to poping open if possible.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
that would be really cool. On the other hand, if it pops out and you don't open the car it won't be able to relock.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Found this in a VAG Com info list. I dont have my cable so cannot try it or check it yet.

Code:
Control Module Coding

Select 09 (Central Electronics)
Long Coding -> Function 07

Byte 01 Bit 5 	Rear Lid Remote Opening
Byte 01 Bit 6 	Rear Lid Remote Opening - Release
This also relates to it somewhat
Code:
Byte 02 Bit 5  	Rear Lid Remote Openening (1 = Contact activated / 0 = Impuls activated)

mikeypur

Nov 18, 2009
Can anyone confirm if they have managed to recode via vagcom to get there boot to 'pop' when holding down the middle button on the key fob for me please?

Interested in doing this if so.

Thanks,
Mike

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
There are a few threads on how to make it open but having to replace the boot dampers etc. do a YouTube search as there is a red one on there and the part numbers have been listed too.

My Video

had it on my old FR, it got annoying after a while because the boot was so hard to close because of dampners

Also people who wernt expecting it to pop would go to grab it with there hands and elave finger prints allover the boot

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
My Video

had it on my old FR, it got annoying after a while because the boot was so hard to close because of dampners

Also people who wernt expecting it to pop would go to grab it with there hands and elave finger prints allover the boot

You needed to work out those guns a bit more then! :D

I presume there are slightlu different dampners whic could be fitted?....I suppose its a fine line between getting the boot to open and then having the strength to close it after!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Even with the strongest ones it still wasnt enough

Sometimes it would pop open, sometimes it wouldnt