:@ brake caliper bolts

wiffster

what is the fitting on a 1995 mk2 seat ibiza cls 1.4 cuz i REALLY cant get them out (well say them there is only one left) ne help would be very welcome cuz i need it done asap

thanks ppl

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I'm not sure what you're actually asking there mate, not very clearly explained!

It sounds like you've got all but one of the bolts undone, so therefore you must have the right size socket etc.

Try spraying the 'stuck' one with WD40 and leaving over night, and then trying again.....

wiffster

the caliper bolts that are at the back of the brakes is the one i cant undo

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
615150.png

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
thay makes no sense. Are you saying both bolts, or just one of them? Also, do you mean the bolts holding the pads in, or the ones holding the caliper to the upright?

i think he means the bolts on the calipers (#4/#5 on the diagram)

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
If it's #4/5 on the diagram, then I think they're 6mm allen bolts.

But, once you've undone them, they won't just come out, you need to pull them out using pliers etc, as they are 'sliders' which have some resistance from the rubber boot etc they go through.

wiffster

If it's #4/5 on the diagram, then I think they're 6mm allen bolts.

But, once you've undone them, they won't just come out, you need to pull them out using pliers etc, as they are 'sliders' which have some resistance from the rubber boot etc they go through.

ye thats perfect and thats the size allen key i didnt have lol got one from work 2day so ill give it a bash 2moz if suns out lol. thank you for all your help my car might stop now and stop the grinding. and thxs for diagram really helped me seen as haynes manual isnt to good with diagrams

wiffster

right.... allen key 7mm to big allen key 6mm to small is there a 6.5mm? cuz this is takin the P

wiffster

do the bolts do alot cuz im sure i dont have any in the other side.

wiffster

ok no worrys how much u fink i could pick some up 4? dont really wanna spend the money seen as i gettin rid in august

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.