Brake fluid service

Bowks

I've just been quoted £44 for a Brake fluid service on my Cupra R by me local Seat dealer (Cheshunt), they say its just to replace the brake fluid only.

So, does this price seem resonable? or is this something that you could do yourself, if you have someone with you that knows what they are doing?

flashbsd

brakes are a safety drvice, i always leave it up to somebody else for which ui have comeback if something were to happen etc.

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
It is 1/2 hour labour time and the brake fluid is about £8.00 inc VAT so its a fair price. If you got someone that knows what they are doing with correct tools it is an easy job

Bowks

Thats what i was thinking - i don't really want to start mucking about with my brakes, i may as well leave it with them. At least i can blame them if anything goes wrong!

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
stpete said:
Make sure they are aware that spilt fluid WILL take paint off them lovely red brembos, maybe not today or tomorow but soon and Seat will try not to replace!

I can vouch for that..mine are knackered.....all the lacquer has come off due to this problem...

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
if they actually bleed them right there should be no brake fluid loss at all.just check them before you drive off

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members