Brake Noise When Reversing

Rayg

Hi,

After some advice really. When I reverse and then brake the rear brakes make a lould noise.

I phoned Seat and after I took it down there they replaced a part and said it will be better but it won't compleatly go.

This was about a month ago, it is better but is still there. The car is a 55 reg so it is anoying driving around and having this noise when reversing. Its enough noise to make people turn to see whats going on!!

Anyway, the dealer said that it is common on the cupra r because the disks and callipers are big

Does anyone else have this problem or is he just spinning me a line????

Thanks

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

andyGbeatz

May 24, 2006
Hampshire
ello mate!

Ive had my 2003 Cupra R for just over 2 weeks now.. Lovin it. But yeh ive noticed this problem as well.. when reversing or when my wheels are at full lock left or right i get brake noise!? :think:

its not that loud though, well not really enough to turn heads anwayz.. Ive heard from a mate who owned one saying his also done that.. but he didnt know why...

if you find out anymore let us know.. :funk:

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
Rayg said:
Hi,

After some advice really. When I reverse and then brake the rear brakes make a lould noise.

I phoned Seat and after I took it down there they replaced a part and said it will be better but it won't compleatly go.

This was about a month ago, it is better but is still there. The car is a 55 reg so it is anoying driving around and having this noise when reversing. Its enough noise to make people turn to see whats going on!!

Anyway, the dealer said that it is common on the cupra r because the disks and callipers are big

Does anyone else have this problem or is he just spinning me a line????

Thanks

Ray
copper grease mate.
tell your dealers to apply this to the brakes

neo265

Oct 25, 2004
Ruddmeister said:
I don't think copper grease is the answer, if it's like my old car they are silent when the car is going forward but make a noise when reversing

Hopefully not on the brake surface:p as that will lead to an entertaining drive.

I think its the drums which rub as Ive found it happens after Ive used the handbrake.

Oops......Sorry should of quoted ninja. Sorry Rudd.

Rayg

Yea it only happens when going in reverse never when going forward.

Its anoying but I'm glad that it happens to other people as weel so its not just my car!! :rolleyes:

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
Dearlers are not the brightest of buttons (apart from the motorest centre) but there are no longer a seat dealer

most dealers dont no about the part but it dose work
and as for it making a noise due to big brakes my car is a cupra not an R and the ibiza can do it as well

good luck guys

chris h

Mine makes the noise on reversing. Have been told that it is common but nothing to worry about. Same thing is seen (heard?) in some other VAG cars. Whats more embarrasing is the huge squeal I get from the front brakes. I know this is easily sorted but havent wanted to get my hands dirty yet.

Red LCR TDI

Feb 15, 2006
Portsmouth
My TDI does it too, so does my housemate's new megane coupe, so its not just VAG cars either. its annoying but i hardly even notice it anymore unless it gets really loud.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members