brake pad prices????

51cordoba

I had my cordy in for a brake check today at national tyres in manchester as its been making a strange scraping noise, was told the front brake pads needed replacing, the handbrake needed adjusting and tracking needed sorting, plus i got them to fit my new alloys, all in all it cost me £146 inc vat, £60 for the pads :)-o seemed a bit steep for standard unipart ones) £60 for labour (took about 45 mins! :wtf:) and £22 for tracking ( which i don't even think they did! [:@]) gotta to say i feel like i've been ripped off, what dya reckon? :confused:

Cordy Geoff

Have you tried Euro car parts for your spares!

There will be a branch near you. Their prices are cheap and the quality seems good!

Then all you need is a trustworthy local garage.

Oh and by the way wouldn't go near kwik fit, National tyres etc. Theyr'e right rip off merchants its sometimes cheaper to go to a main dealer.

51cordoba

No mate I'm not familiar with them, will check them out. I've learnt my lesson, in future i'll be buying my own pads and having them fitted at an independant local garage, only problem is finding a reliable one, the last two i visited tried to rip me off too! i've seen a decent set of pads and discs on one site for £26 so they've well and truly had me on the price of the pads!

Cordy Geoff

I suppose I'm lucky my Cordy is now 4yrs old and out of warranty and i've found a Guy near Leeds who looks after it now. One of my friends put me onto him!

What he doesn't know about VW products isn't worth knowing, and as for cost? Hes just done a 50K service, on my 130tdi, replaced the timming belt all tensioners and the water pump. He also stripped down the brakes and cleaned them and coppereased them. He only charged me £350 all in!