Brake pads and disc

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
I tracking my 1.8T the end of the month and decided to get some ds2500 and now im think i might as well upgrade my disc front and back. What do people sugest??

Also best place to get them from??

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
you have a lc yeah not lcr?

312mm ebc discs for the fronts, assuming you have 312mm discs on there now. could go grooved, but id say ebc will be fine.

oem rear discs will be okay.
ds2500s are a good way to go.
brake fluid change to motul rbf
id also consider uprating the brake lines to goodridge jobbies.
if your tracking regular, then id suggest looking into a cliper upgrade to brembos.

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
Its an 03 plate LC dont know which way to go about upgrades yet as ive only had it a few weeks I had a Impreza before this.

Its getting new tyres next week also WhiteLine front and rear adjustable droplinks and just want to get the brakes sorted before me trackday..................

I just want it to handle and brake well for the moment as 10 of my friend s have there Scoobies on the same trackday

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
Its an 03 plate LC dont know which way to go about upgrades yet as ive only had it a few weeks I had a Impreza before this.

Its getting new tyres next week also WhiteLine front and rear adjustable droplinks and just want to get the brakes sorted before me trackday..................

I just want it to handle and brake well for the moment as 10 of my friend s have there Scoobies on the same trackday

itll not handle anywhere near as good in standard form as the imprezas mate.

good quality tyres. i.e goodyear eagle f1s, gsd3s.

rear arb.. whitline are good
wouldnt change the front tbh mate

good quality suspension setup will also be needed, as the cupras is wooly in standard form

long way to go to match the impreza tbh, but it can be done....

ds2500s are a good start on the brakes... be sure to get them bedded in in time for the trackday

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members