brake upgrade

winst

hi guys n gals, i have a mk2 leon cupra and im wanting to upgrade my brakes, i would like to put porsche calipers on the front but not sure which ones to go for 4 pot or 6 pots? or which model of porsche caliper? what else would i need? and where could i get them from? any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks folks, winst

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Why Porsche Brakes? Is it a Euro Slag type show car? You may be better and cheaper to look at the likes of AP/Brembo brakes.

winst

no reason for the porsche brakes, thought that way might be a cheaper way, will check out ap's and brembo's thanks

thanks chan, will phone awesome, see what they can do for me..

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I have a brand new set of genuine SEAT optional extra Brembo 4 piston front brakes for sale if you are interested mate :). Once you get to 15 posts, drop me a PM if you are interested.

Last edited:

winst

yeah interested in the brakes djhorace, i will PM you soon cheers mate

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
I have AP 4 pots and 335 disks on my Fr Tfsi and they are stunning the guy who built them for me has another set all fitted with braided lines and for less than most.
01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
66 Great central Street, Leicester LE1 4JT

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Why not just uprate the discs and pads - the 345mm set up is well thought of (I believe it's also used on the new Golf R so can't be that bad).

Feb 26, 2009
London
I just got 4 pot brembo conversion and it's great. I thought abut ECS conbersion but they cost over £1500 and I don't think you'll really need 352mm discs and 6pot calipers. I got me brembo's of ebay, brand new for £770 (Seat wants around £1500) so it was preatty cheap. If you have the budget AMD Essex had Audi RS4 conversion :D but that about £1500 as well. You can also check aout some less known brand like stoptech which apparenlty are pretty good and will coust about £800 for 4 pot conversion :)

winst

while i was board over xmas and looking through ebay i came across a guy selling a full set of porsche cayenne brakes, 6 pot fronts, 4 pot rears, discs and pads, made him a "reasonable" offer and he accepted. all i need now is adaptors, new discs and pads, can any 1 tell me where i can get hold of the adaptors? also does anyone know wether its wise to put 4 pots on the rear or will it just lock rear wheels up under braking?

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Those Cayenne brakes will probably weigh more than the alloys;). All goes on the unsprung weight of the car.

Should definitely stop a 1400kg car though as they are designed to stop 2,400kg cars.

Try the Cayenne fronts with the stock rear brakes before deciding whether you want to upgrade the rears. You may fing that the rear is more "unsettled" after the fronts have been done. Some people like this, but others don't and go for something like an S3 rear upgrade.

Stock rears are 286mm solid discs and S3's are 310mm vented discs and should redress the balance nicely.

I have TAROX 10 pot fronts and S3 rears and they are great. I had the fronts done and decided to upgrade the rears as I didn't like the "unsettled" feel.:)

winst

thanks for replying hurdy, will look into the S3 rears, i'll try and get the cayenne fronts fitted first, i'm struggling to find the carriers/adaptors though, was told today that the cayenne rears wont fit anyways something to do with the handbrake systems being different.

winst

hi Amet, is that right?! have you fitted them to your car? do you or anyone know what the measurement for the hole centre on a mk2 leon cupra front calipers is to confirm this? i would check mine but its under a foot of snow at the mo, thanks

Amet

Hi!
I've bought them a week ago, but didn't fit them yet!
look here - forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=4517237
we have the same measurement beetwen the mounting holes as A3, so they will fit!
Now i have just one question - which wheels will fit on my brakes? :D

sorry for my broken english! :)

Amet

one more link:
mbt-engineering.de/EN/products/VA_G5_955T_350x34.html

winst

thanks for the links Amet, its not as easy as i thought it was gonna be! if you find any info steveTDCI it would be a great help, can never have 2 much info. can the standard 345mm discs used or will they need replacing 2? also can anyone recommend some good braided hoses?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.