Brakepad question

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello again! Tomorrow i will pick up my new cupra in furiagrey. Here in Sweden, you can´t order the factory brakeupgrade for some reason. So, i´m thinking about changing the brakepads to something like EBC´s "Redstuff". The problem is, none of the stores here have got it for the 2010 cupra, just the MK4. My question is, does anyone here knows which other VAG-cars has got the same calipers/discs?

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
i tried red stuff pads on my racing brake setup but i could not get them to bed-in, so have given up and put the AP pads back in. used green stuff before with no problem.:confused:

Ok.. But you know that you have to drive smooth and soft for some 2-300 miles at least? Otherwise they get glazed and rubbish.. Did that with brand new greenstuff on my last car, so had to throw them away due to my heavy right foot:p Eventhough it doesn´t says so on their homepage, the redstuff pads need to get a little warm to work properly also. I´ve never tried AP actually, are they good? Comparable to green or redstuff?

Last edited:

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Nightflight: Ok, i know they share the platform but i wasn´t to sure on the brakes. It would probably be the Polo GTI´s brakes, only problem is the Polo GTI is released in September here so no luck there. But maybe the Fabia then.. Thanks for the help!

Ferryman

1.8T Goes Like Hell
Oct 23, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
I would personally stay away from EBC products.
Cupra (unless equipped with AP Racing calipers) should have Lucas 288mm brake setup in the front.
Since the part number for stock pads is 5K0698151, Ferodo FDS1641 be able to replace the stock ones ;)

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
I would personally stay away from EBC products.
Cupra (unless equipped with AP Racing calipers) should have Lucas 288mm brake setup in the front.
Since the part number for stock pads is 5K0698151, Ferodo FDS1641 be able to replace the stock ones ;)

Thx for the help mate! But unfortunately i don´t like Ferodo felt like the stock ones last time i had them..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise