Brand spankin' new Leon ST FR 1.4 TSI ACT - more pictures added.

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Hi,

Just got my brand new Seat Leon ST 1.4 TSI ACT FR in Technic Grey.
Love the color, as in the sun the brownish color starts shining through.

Extras:
LED lights
Panoramic roof
Sound system
Medias System Plus
Parking sensors front/rear

So far I'm loving the car. I'm taking it easy with the engine to run it in. But even at low revs and medium throttle, the pull is amazing for such a small engine. I previously owned a Mk2 Ford Focus 1.6. A lovel first car I must say. But the Leon is an upgrade in every level. Love the LED lights, the interiour quality, the smoothness of the ride, relative lack of road noise and ofcourse that small but gutsy engine.
Can't fault this car so far, but then again, I've only had it for 2 days.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures with good sunlight at the moment. I'll be getting the car waxed in about a week, so they'll be some daylight pictures then.
More pictures in post #13.
But for the moment, here are a few I took yesterday evening:
18378638893_19d43651bf_b.jpg

18973074506_5ae358b273_b.jpg

18376750954_41633b8501_b.jpg

19002349711_5cd010eae1_b.jpg

Last edited:

MannyMike

Jun 17, 2015
Those photos make it look absolutely stunning :D Getting my Technic Grey hatchback version next week!

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Looks very good, would love to see daytime photos and also some interior ones.:)

Last edited:

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Thanks for the kind words!
I'll be getting some brighter, daylight shots in a couple of days hopefully. I'll keep you posted.

dr_robert

Apr 21, 2015
I've gone for exactly this car to (same ST model, engine and colour).

Glad its meeting your expectations.... I think Technic grey was the way to go over Monsoon grey

Leon ST

May 16, 2015
Norfolk
Plus 1 for the Technicgrey. Love the colour. My budget could only stretch to the 1.2 SE but it is more than adequate. Tech pack with the LED lights is great

Paul

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
haven't had a black car since 1968, so it's still new to me.
18 months old, 14k miles, and still has a new smell about the inside.
when it's clean it looks great, but it needs a weekly wash....not helped by the birch tree overhanging my drive - getting lots of sap on it recently.

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Had the car waxed yesterday. Took some pictures this evening, with little more light than the first bunch. Color is looking absolotely great.
Driven a little over 700km by now and loving the car as much as I did when I first got it. Mighty engine that small 1.4 TSI I must say. Still taking it easier though, until 1500-2000kms have past.

PICTURES:
19279024256_73b3153613_b.jpg

19309005151_c9ff212fa5_b.jpg

19117498488_6cb8bd23fc_b.jpg

19309004031_ed9b2cc4d0_b.jpg

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
so you've got yours now??

Yes yes yes Andrew - being detailed today - photos to follow - also see here for pick-up photos and first impressions from dealer at the weekend:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419283&page=2

Finally picked it up and it's a brilliant car!
So finally picked up the ST Cupra on Saturday and drove it back from Lifestyle Sussex over to Essex on Saturday and then last night back up to Yorkshire, so a nice extended 300 mile plus test drive, given that I've never driven one before!

First impressions, just loved the look of it in red with the panoramic roof. Hopped in and found the standard seats ideal, much nicer bolsters on the cushion than on my previous Audi A3. Also like the control layout, minimalist and everything to hand. I thought I had learnt how to operate the satnav and all the various sub menus, having been on the forum for the past 6 months or so, but no, couldn't even remember how to enter a postcode, though why the system has to be that counter-intuitive is strange.

Service from Josh at Lifestyle has been exemplary and so it was on the day - he is a first class chap to deal with and I would heartily recommend the services of himself and Lifestyle SEAT Brighton.

Right, start her up and she purred into life and I eased her onto the A27, my is there some power there. Yes getting the power down from a stand still needs a little technique, just nurse that throttle pedal a few mm initially, then gradually add more. Mid range acceleration is truly mesmerising - it goes like the proverbial clappers - 30 to 70 mph - whoosh!!!!! Overtaking is totally effortless.

Use of the ACC on the motorway and through 50mph roadworks is fantastic, how clever is that - just love it!

Quality-wise, the car seems really solid and not a rattle to be heard - doors thunk shut nicely and I am really happy, as I was really concerned with this aspect given all the tales of doom and gloom on the Forum.

Navigation High is OK, nothing particular to write home about and doesn't seem that much of an advance on the 7 year old Audi system I had previously, but early days I guess. I like having my mobile's text messages come up on the screen. whilst the phone is out of sight plugged into the USB socket in the glovebox - you can even get the system to read the texts out to you, so you can keep your eyes on the road!

SEAT Sound System seems OK and on a par with the BOSE system I had in the old Audi.

I am very pleased with the suspension set-up and in comfort mode it's a really nice compromise, in fact I'm amazed how well the car rides on 19" ultra low profiles - a total revelation to the unrefined bumpy ride on 18" wheels in the Audi A3 S-Line, so great work by SEAT here!

Anyway early days and so much to discover. The car is being detailed on Wednesday - here are some early shots of the car from Saturday - B pillars still have PDI stickers on to protect the gloss black trim as do the stainless steel tread plates on front doors and boot - does anyone know if rear matching tread plates are available, the stealer didn't know?

Anyway cheers to all for now and will post more photos once the car has been detailed - covered in flies at the moment!

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
lovely.
and I STILL think the ST doesn't look too estate car-ish...
I've always loved estates. Granted, the ST looks a lot more... swooping (kind of like the Merc CLS Shooting Brake) and less boxy. But I've always loved estates, even when I was younger. Volvo 240 estate? Bring it on!
Never understood people who actually buy saloon cars, unless it's a specific model, which doesn't have an estate option.

Anyway Leon ST is looking the business. Nothing but good words from everyone who's seen it.