Brands - september

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
spyke85 said:
Go on, is it worth the travel down from Bolton? Is camping available?
I'd say yes, it will be our fourth trip to Brands this year. Camping is on site, keep to the left at the main entrance and it's behind the hotel. Although it's a long way, it's a good circuit, good viewing and close action. Just a bit of a ballache getting back on a Sunday evening, I'd recommend heading south on the A20 out of the circuit, then get the M26 to the M25 south around Gatwick/Heathrow, then take the M40, M42, M6 toll M6. The north section of the M25 is a mess at the moment.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
spyke85 said:
About how long does it take Muzorewa? If I was to go down I would be camping. Thinking of going to Silverstone also.

About 3.5 hours on the Saturday, and I'd still avoid the M1 and do the M40 and round the south side of the M25.

On Sunday if you go the way I suggest, you'll hit a big queue getting from the M26 to the M25 but after that you should be ok, M25 a bit slow in places but still moving. You'll need 4.5 - 5 hours for the return, and keep listening to the traffic in case you need to activate 'Plan B'. Assuming you have a Plan B! ;)

If the M6 is bad (it has been known :rolleyes: ) stay on the M42 north to join the M1, then either head west on the A50 to rejoin the M6 (if this is past the problem) or head north on the A515 through Ashbourne and Buxton. Or Plan C, stick with the M1 to the M62 or head across the hills from Sheffield.

it's defo worth it:)

we did a 19hour day trip to Donnington for the final round in 04, and to be honest, i said i'd never do it again :(
prob coz the racing was boring, if it had been as exciting as Donny this year, i'd be up for going again.
Brands is always exciting coz the track is so short, and you can see most of the indy circuit from most of the view points :thumbup: