Break disc, pads advice/experience

Jan 4, 2023
Hey guys,

I am new owner of Seat Leon FR (5f, 2017, 184hp) and need to change front discs and pads. So I would like to get advice from you, first which discs and pads would be best buy for mostly city but from time to time open rode 99% sport mode on :D Rigth now i am looking at EBC but there is few models so any word from you guys is welcome.
If any of you have other good/or must have modification pls let me know.

Thank you for help in advance! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
On my Cupra I run Brembo disks and EBC red pads and they work brilliantly

I wouldn't touch race track brakes unless you really plan to hammer it on track

Reactions: Zorro
Jan 4, 2023
On my Cupra I run Brembo disks and EBC red pads and they work brilliantly

I wouldn't touch race track brakes unless you really plan to hammer it on track

No i dont have plan to go on track. Did you feel any change original and Brembo or EBC pads? How long pads last? And which Brembo discs, i think i saw like 2 or 3 difrent tipes?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
No i dont have plan to go on track. Did you feel any change original and Brembo or EBC pads? How long pads last? And which Brembo discs, i think i saw like 2 or 3 difrent tipes?

Now we have ECE Regulation 90 homologation for brake discs as well as pads any disc with R90 approval will (should) have been made to a reasonable machining tolerance.
For discs just pick the cheapest discs with R90, high carbon cast iron (HC) and silver coating. Black paint doesn't last very long in salt spray testing.
For pads I would be looking at genuine pads - find the OE (Original Equipment) part number and search for this in google/eBay (other auction sites are available :rolleyes: ) I can usually find them for the same price as aftermarket brands.
Our front pads have wrap around anti-noise shims which means the shim thickness becomes a critical dimension - and most of the aftermarket (including big names who should know better) are just using standard/cheap/thin shims - which means the pads can be loose and rattle side to side.

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020

Yes I did,

The disks were pretty much like for like so don't think they made much difference barring being new. I got standard none drilled ones, afraid i do not know the part code but i suspect mine might be different to yours being the cupra version.

First set of oem pads lasted about 45k miles i think

Reactions: Zorro
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.