Brembo Calipers Warranty Issue

birdxr

Mar 23, 2008
Hello been a member on hear for a while but first time iv posted really.
My question is my car is out of warranty in january and i have a problem with the paint on my calipers flacking off. I no this has been covered before but should the dealers have to sort this problem out as surely they must be covered as its a painted part but i believe they are expensive and they dont like to replace them.
077.jpg

076.jpg

075.jpg

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I had mine both changed in August and October under warranty from my local SEAT dealer.

The lacquer on mine started to lift so I took the car in and they took a couple of photos to send off to SEAT UK. They then came back and said yes replace it! The local dealer liked it cos they get paid for the warranty work to be done. I had the same prob on the nearside and they did exactly the same.

As long as the caliper is not damaged by stonechips and it is just the lacquer you'll be fine just go back asap and state at the dealer that they have been changed under warranty for somone else.

Hope this helps

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
Mine on the drivers' side appears to have turned burgundy :lol: Guess I'll sort it out when the weather warms up a bit.

birdxr

Mar 23, 2008
Ok thanks for the replys, my girlfriend has mentioned it to them before but they just fobbed her off. Its due a service soon so im gonna mention it again when i book it in

birdxr

Mar 23, 2008
I have just emailed my local seat dealers so I am just awaiting a reply from them, il keep you posted

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Ok thanks for the replys, my girlfriend has mentioned it to them before but they just fobbed her off. Its due a service soon so im gonna mention it again when i book it in

Whenever my Mrs takes the car to the dealer she gets fobbed off. I go in with the same issue and they sort it, no questions. I try not to use my most local dealer too much because of this but have 2 in reasonably close proximity.

birdxr

Mar 23, 2008
This is what seat have email me back,

Thank you for your e mail.

My advice is to take your vehicle in to you nearest SEAT dealer so that they may inspect the callipers and advise you accordingly. The paint on brake callipers is not a warrantable item as they are exposed to heat and external elements; however the dealership will be able to advise you further.

Seems like there gonna fob me off, but ill give it a go.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Holders sorted mine out for me under warranty. They arranged for the area manager to inspect them and I had them replaced. They hadn't reached the level of peeling yours had in the pics either.

Scott

birdxr

Mar 23, 2008
I am taking it to my local seat dealer this afternoon as they have just phone me & they are going to take a look at them. I was told on the phone that as long as it doesn't appear to have been cause by a stone chip then i may have a case.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise