Bridgestone Potenza S005

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
I have an FR Sport E-hybrid with these tyres (225/40R18). Got a puncture on one and was quoted £140+ to replace it by severalnplaces including blackcircles, but found them for £100 on Asdatyres. Similar to Blackcircles they are fitted by a local garage but I didn't realise Asda did tyres and they were £40 less than anywhere else, so if you want to replace like for like, I would recommend checking them out.

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
That’s very useful to know. Thanks.

I was aware that Asda sold tyres, but didn’t know they were significantly cheaper than Blackcircles. I don’t need tyres at the moment but have just checked prices for my tyre size - 215/40 R18, which isn’t a common size and prices reflect that, plus there’s less choice with 215/40 R18’s. Compared to Blackcircles, Asda are around £24 a tyre cheaper for Michelin PS4 which is what I have on my car 😯.

I see that Blackcircles offer a ‘free’ lifetime guarantee on the tyres they sell (with conditions attached) if tyres develop a fault due to a defect in the manufacturing process or materials used, so maybe their prices are higher (than Asda) to cover the cost of providing the ‘free’ guarantee? Having said that, I had Dunlops on a car many years ago that developed a fault due to a manufacturing defect and I got a refund from Dunlop without having the benefit of a guarantee.

Reactions: andycalvia

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
That’s very useful to know. Thanks.

I was aware that Asda sold tyres, but didn’t know they were significantly cheaper than Blackcircles. I don’t need tyres at the moment but have just checked prices for my tyre size - 215/40 R18, which isn’t a common size and prices reflect that, plus there’s less choice with 215/40 R18’s. Compared to Blackcircles, Asda are around £24 a tyre cheaper for Michelin PS4 which is what I have on my car 😯.

I see that Blackcircles offer a ‘free’ lifetime guarantee on the tyres they sell (with conditions attached) if tyres develop a fault due to a defect in the manufacturing process or materials used, so maybe their prices are higher (than Asda) to cover the cost of providing the ‘free’ guarantee? Having said that, I had Dunlops on a car many years ago that developed a fault due to a manufacturing defect and I got a refund from Dunlop without having the benefit of a guarantee.

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
i purchased one this size last year for £91-50 all in at national tyres online found them to be the cheapest for 19 inch goodyear for my sons cupra

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise