Broken .....again!!

dave1981uk

My poor Boc is back at the garage again :cry:

here is a list of my problems so far since october :

- Circular scratches on Wing mirror glass on delivery to dealership (replaced)
- Creaking noise from suspension when stopping (investigated twice but conclusion from deakership is that it is apparently a car characteristic!)
- A craked ABS sensor that kept putting on the ESP/Traction warning lights which has now been replaced (but took 4 visits to dealers for them to finally identify the cause!)
- And now the latest issue which is a horrible groaning noise coming from the engine or supercharger on over-run. Took dealers mechanic out in it and he agrees there's definately a problem - so back to the dealers again for a thorough investigation - hopefully they can fix it quickly this time!!!)

Really love this car to bits, but just not happy with all these faults and having to tootle around in 1.2 Ibiza courtesy cars while they get it fixed!!!!

Any one else had as many (or same) probs as me?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Hope they all get sorted soon. Not heard of any of those issues as yet but I know the factory are keen for dealers to report any issues so they are aware and can keep an eye on things, the Ibiza and even more so the boca is still fairly new and we are the first ones to get this engine in this platform so a few issues here and there might well crop up.

cspet

Interesting, I had some scratches on the glass of the wing mirror on my Ibiza when I got it. Sort of ignored them to be fair. Wonder how that fault is creeping in!

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
My poor Boc is back at the garage again :cry:

here is a list of my problems so far since october :

- Circular scratches on Wing mirror glass on delivery to dealership (replaced)
- Creaking noise from suspension when stopping (investigated twice but conclusion from deakership is that it is apparently a car characteristic!)
- A craked ABS sensor that kept putting on the ESP/Traction warning lights which has now been replaced (but took 4 visits to dealers for them to finally identify the cause!)
- And now the latest issue which is a horrible groaning noise coming from the engine or supercharger on over-run. Took dealers mechanic out in it and he agrees there's definately a problem - so back to the dealers again for a thorough investigation - hopefully they can fix it quickly this time!!!)

Really love this car to bits, but just not happy with all these faults and having to tootle around in 1.2 Ibiza courtesy cars while they get it fixed!!!!

Any one else had as many (or same) probs as me?

i had a nightmare with my last car (toyota), so far so good with the ibiza.
hope it gets sorted soon mate.
Your not getting any charges for the courtesy car are you??

dave1981uk

Interesting, I had some scratches on the glass of the wing mirror on my Ibiza when I got it. Sort of ignored them to be fair. Wonder how that fault is creeping in!

I would take it back to the dealer mate and get them replaced as when driving at night the scratches on the mirrors were really obvious.

One thing i did notice is that the courtesy car they gave me when they have been sorting my car out still has the remains of circular stickers in the centre of each wing mirror (that the dealer has tried unsuccessfully to remove). So it looks like the cars are delivered like this. not sure why though?:think:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Probably some kind of H&S transport requirement in case they get battered or broken in transit, they dont want shards of glass lying around. Would make more ense to clingfilm wrap them and fold them in.

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
yeh i remember seeing circular sticker marks on both my wing mirrors when i got mine. They just wiped off though. Makes you wonder just how good the PDI's are in some dealerships if they miss things like that...

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
So far so good engine wise with my Cupra. The car did come with 2 uniform scratches on the bonnet one with a dent, also there's a scratch on the bumper where someone slipped with a screwdriver fixing the number plate and scratches on the dials where the valeter must have had something abrasive on his cloth. Should of learnt my lesson really, my last Ibiza was delivered with wheel damage. Dealer sorted the dent and the scratches aint really the noticeable with the car being white. Might have a word about the dials though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.