Broken Headlamps?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I was changing a side-light this afternoon and I noticed that the 'covers' that go over the main headlamps are smashed on both sides on my 2002 LCR. The 'spring' that keeps the cover on the back of the assembly is also missing on the driver side, so there's only one clip holding the cover on. What do I need to sort this? Do I need to replace the whole head light assemblies do we know? Best place to get the parts I need? By 'covers', I mean the hoods that the tip of the bulb sits in inside the reflective part of the headlights. Can't think of a better way to describe it.

I do love the car, but it seems that there's always one thing or another to be paying for! I seem to be getting through splitter like a consumable item, the + battery terminal bolt sheared, the battery failed, a coil pack went pop, I need a full set of new tyres and front brake pads and I've only had the car since March! The leather on the steering wheel looks really worn too so I don't know whether to have it replaced, refurbished (can you even do that) or what. I don't like the radio but I don't want a flashy replacement. I'd like to keep a CD changer but I keep getting errors off of the one that's in. The car is covered in little scratches too and I'd love to get it resprayed. Gah!

Anyway, the headlights... ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
The clips that hold the covers on the back; one missing on drivers side.

The hoods inside the headlight that cover the main beam (the full and sidelights don't have covers, right?). They're both shattered.

Make sense?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah if them "hoods" have gone I'm sure it's new headlight time, ebay is like a lottery for them, sometimes hey go low and seen some go for over £100 (pair)

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
One of mine is missing but its never been an issue, cover stays on fine.

Funnily enough I get misting in my light - on the one with BOTH clips still there, the light with only one clip is fine!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise