BSA driving improvement program

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
Got a letter in the other day.............says I was stopped for careless driving (debaitable) but it says i will be spared prosecution and any points or fine if i attend a BSA driving improvement class (2 days) which cost £175. Any of you done this or heard of this?

Is it like alcholic anonymous...............sit in a room and share our ''problems''?

:lol:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I'd take the course m8, but that seems a bit steep. I thought the course was more than the fine but not that much :blink:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
i've done the course, and though it meant a day off work, holiday, there not completely useless.
You'll be surprised at what you'll learn as we all pick up bad habits forget things, and makes us think a bit more.

Take it.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
JeezLeon2.jpg

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
If i was you i'd get in touch ASAP and tell them that you own an Ibiza, so this course won't affect you. They seem to be exempt from this stuff, so you'll be fine.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Oh nearly forgot.
While your on the phone to them, can you ask them how long it will take for my Strawberry Jelly to set in my fridge on setting 3. Its a Hotpoint if that helps. Cheers

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
You say that the careless driving charge was debatable? If it's anything like how you select which section to post in...

:cartman:

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
Whats with the negativity here...........so im new to this forum stuff. Give a guy a break, are we not all nice to each other here?

How bout you do something wrong and see if its nice to see people acting the way most of you guys do.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
don't take it personally mate, its sort of like an initiation on here. give it time and you'll be jumping all over newbies for not using the search/text speaking.

anywho, if you think the charge is debatable then why not have your day in court? you will run the risk of losing meaning points and court costs but what if you're right? no points, costs or £175 out of pocket............. result! deny it then the police have to produce evidence to prove you wrong. obviously if there was two officers in the car when you were stopped then it will be two against one but if it is one on one and there isn't any footage proving what the officer is saying then i can't see a prosecution being successful.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Whats with the negativity here...........so im new to this forum stuff. Give a guy a break, are we not all nice to each other here?

How bout you do something wrong and see if its nice to see people acting the way most of you guys do.

We were all new once, but we still had to post relevant threads in the relavant sections.
I own a MK1 Leon, but i don't automaticaly ask a question on hanging doors in here, i look for a more appropriate place.
Reason is, there are many users on here, some of which might benefit from your post, but if they don't own a Leon MK1 they probably won't come into this section and read it, so your post has missed a wider audience than it could have reached.
;)

Cupraloon

Tbh, it sounds nothing more than a speculative flyer and a cheap attempt to get money out of the unwary.

You know if you've been stopped by the cops surely, and know if they have reported you for DD, if the answer is no then ignore it....

If you want to improve your driving, buy a motorbike that'll soon teach you how to use the road more responsibly.....

No but seriously, go down the library and get a couple of books out on advanced driving techniques, and the one that the old bill use to teach people can't think what's it's called at the moment..

Then go at do a proper advanced driving cousre on a track somewhere.. no only instructional but bloody good fun... :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

G-FORCE

Jul 17, 2007
Berkshire
I thought CD10 or Careless driving carried a minimum of 3-points but as in my case 6 when I got stuck on around 5-years ago.

Depends how careless your driving was mate I guess. Did the officer give you any idea the sort of points your looking at ?

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
I reckon we should all chip in to pay the costs if Romeoisgraham has the guts to turn up for the course dressed as The Stig from Top Gear. :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.