Build week for new Cupra 290's

Fuse100

Oct 11, 2016
I'm with Wessex, so no such luck for me. Not even an apology, you just get an email "A note has been added to your vehicle" - so you login to the portal and it just says "Dealer advised, B/W 47".

Aye cheers, pricks.

Same as mine.

This is the 2nd car I have ordered through Wessex and while they have good prices their delivery times are shocking. The other car went 6 weeks over.

People on here ordering 3 weeks after me and getting a BW 4 weeks earlier.

I won't order via Wessex again.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Their price isn't even that good. SEAT dealers are doing my car for no admin fee and £6p/m cheaper. So an extra £12.25 a month...to wait longer! Not great.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Their price isn't even that good. SEAT dealers are doing my car for no admin fee and £6p/m cheaper. So an extra £12.25 a month...to wait longer! Not great.

Off topic but your doing well not to rise to the PH mighty on that stolen thread :rofl: if that's you of course

Fuse100

Oct 11, 2016
£257 a month on a 1x23 with £150 admin fee. Price went up slightly due to the 1x23 deal. Then I found out SEAT dealers were offering 1x23 for £249.

Mine was £218 on 3+23.

Did you pay your admin fee within the 14 days? I forgot about mine for ages, wondered if they were punishing me.

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Did you notice any change with the panel filter. Noise or otherwise and which filter

never really noticed a difference with sound, and didn't really expect to, i do get a mild turbo whoosh if i'm going through a tunnel, don't know if it does this with a standard paper filter though.. it's nothing exciting, as you can only hear it if windows are down and you are heavy throttle and then let off, sounds pretty cool though.
filter improved the turbo/throttle lag a little aswell.
Pipercross panel filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Mine was £218 on 3+23.

Did you pay your admin fee within the 14 days? I forgot about mine for ages, wondered if they were punishing me.

Yeah mate I paid mine right away. I just had a huge email from Stuart at Wessex:

Hi Jonny,

I’ve now spoken with SEAT UK and have a clearer idea on what’s happened to your order. With the Leon Cupra, due to demand of this car before factory close on the vehicle it became ‘over sub-scribed’.

This meant that lead times were affected as SEAT couldn’t build them quick enough, this is why you’ve seen the build week slip from 42 initially to 47.

This is confirmed and fixed build week with no more slippage on date. This means week comm. 21st Nov build and then approved 2-3 weeks to dealership and then 48hr turnaround from arrival

Our supply route is direct from SEAT UK and so lead time is correct as of point of order other than the scenario given above which I appreciates helps nothing in this scenario.

We have a number of these Leon’s on order and are chasing them through with the dealership linked to these orders, who are in turn getting cars prepped in 24-48hrs rather than 5-7 days to keep all these orders moving when we have the opportunity to delivery.

I am sorry I can’t give you better news but can be confident it won’t get any worse now and we are chasing all these orders through.

Regards
Stu

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
so yours was more vocal after 1k? i've noticed mine is a little louder after 300, just hoping it does makes more noises

Just on this mate I read in the manual last night, that even if you leave the car in Cupra mode, once you restart, the engine goes back into normal, nothing else does thoughl, maybe you need to r select Cupra for more noise??

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Just on this mate I read in the manual last night, that even if you leave the car in Cupra mode, once you restart, the engine goes back into normal, nothing else does thoughl, maybe you need to r select Cupra for more noise??

thank you mate, will give this a try!!

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
So my mid September order will mean I'm looking at delivery mid to late January .... based on what you guys are saying .... ffs .... will mean I will be without a car for s month plus over Christmas

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
So my mid September order will mean I'm looking at delivery mid to late January .... based on what you guys are saying .... ffs .... will mean I will be without a car for s month plus over Christmas

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm on my second week with no car at the moment, after expecting the cupra at the start of October. It's a right pain in the arse, I don't need it to get to work, but just doing something as simple as a trip to the shops becomes a massive chore!

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
never really noticed a difference with sound, and didn't really expect to, i do get a mild turbo whoosh if i'm going through a tunnel, don't know if it does this with a standard paper filter though.. it's nothing exciting, as you can only hear it if windows are down and you are heavy throttle and then let off, sounds pretty cool though.
filter improved the turbo/throttle lag a little aswell.
Pipercross panel filter.

Noticed more turbo whistle with windows down and more prominent with windows up.

Found tonight that blipping throttle on the down change can make it pop and gurgle on the over run more. That was in sport mode. Nothing like in the videos though

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Noticed more turbo whistle with windows down and more prominent with windows up.

Found tonight that blipping throttle on the down change can make it pop and gurgle on the over run more. That was in sport mode. Nothing like in the videos though

where in the rev range are you getting it to over run though? after 4k?

also have you got a sc or 5dr? because i still can't seem to hear mine when dropping past the 4k mark, just road and engine noise is all i can hear with the back windows down..

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Mine is an SC. And windows up stereo down to hear the popping. Change from 4th to 3rd at about 3500rpm in 4th and blip the throttle. Should do it just lifting throttle in gear though like the videos but I've not found a video of a manual car

Last edited:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
If anyone is signing docs and having their car delivered, remember one crucial fact...you can't take delivery of the car until the 14 day cooling-off period has expired. The paperwork is supposed to be sent out by the dealers when the car is being shipped so that the 14-days expires when the car is registered and the PDI has been carried out, therefore causing no delays. If, as has happened with me, that doesn't happen...then you have a car sitting at a dealership that can't be delivered, because legalities!
I could collect, but York is quite literally the opposite end to the country for me.
At least DM Keiths are now trailering the car down instead of driving it down as they do with all the lease cars.
One more week to wait.......

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.