Build week for new Cupra 290's

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
What's the classic car then Chuggs

Modern Classic..... Corrado VR6 - mine recently appeared in Modern Classics Magazine. Less that 57k on it and beautiful to drive and sounds amazing. Having to change as company is getting strict on teh car allowance policy - has to be under 7 years old - went for cupra as its the closest (front wheel drive) to the Corrado - although turbo as to my naturally aspirated - so should be a fun change

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
VR6. Nice. I had a similar argument with my company. I had an S2000 but company said I need a 4 seat car. I argued that if I have a 4 seat car I will put 2 baby seats in the back thereby making it a 2 seat car in theory.

Didn't go down too well. They said it was unfair to others in the company!!!

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
VR6. Nice. I had a similar argument with my company. I had an S2000 but company said I need a 4 seat car. I argued that if I have a 4 seat car I will put 2 baby seats in the back thereby making it a 2 seat car in theory.

Didn't go down too well. They said it was unfair to others in the company!!!
Lol... it's all so unfair.... well mine was four door ..... so I've met one of two rules the other being under 7 years old

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Yeah I still have that discussion to come as mine is the sc model but to be fair it won't be an issue

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
So you think the Seat is better that the Golf R? Hope so as i made the choice of this over the golf R - i went manual though - just a bit old fashioned like that

I drove both the Leon and Golf R and really wanted to like the Golf as I'd wanted one ever since it got released. But to my surprise I preferred the drive of the Leon, and it's cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
SEAT have stopped taking new Cupra orders from 19th Sept.. Going to keep my eye out for a pre reg, if not hold out for the new one, was half considering a GTI, was very impressed with SEAT Customer Service recently though so will probably remain with SEAT.

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
Haha that's why I went for monsoon grey - hides the dirt. I went for manual as I thought i might get fed up with the dsg fart every change. Plus it doesn't hold onto revs like a manual car

You lucky sob. I had an email yesterday saying there have been delays with " black cupras". I'm assuming they mean black edition cupras as black wasn't an option and I choose Monsoon grey.
I was quoted an unconfirmed build week 38 as well and have been told everything will be pushed back 3-4 weeks. :cry:

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Nooooo don't say that was looking forward to before Christmas

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Speaking to seat yesterday where you won't be able to order cupra 290 any more they are trying to push all builds through in 9wks to clear backlog ready for face lift

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Speaking to seat yesterday where you won't be able to order cupra 290 any more they are trying to push all builds through in 9wks to clear backlog ready for face lift

I hope so :) getting the car early would be nice but i wont hold my breath.

I also hope the facelift is ugly lol after just ordering a new car :D

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Face lift??!!! Never knew that.... glad I'm leasing

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The less changes the better, was a bit gutted at the facelift being due so soon after getting my car haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
You lucky sob. I had an email yesterday saying there have been delays with " black cupras". I'm assuming they mean black edition cupras as black wasn't an option and I choose Monsoon grey.
I was quoted an unconfirmed build week 38 as well and have been told everything will be pushed back 3-4 weeks. :cry:

Have you ordered through a main dealer? Get on to them and check what status you're at.

All cupra are now black edition ones.

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Happy days! Car arrived at the dealership yesterday, should be prepped and with me by Tuesday/Wednesday :D couldn't be happier, as previously mentioned my build week was first week in September, so fantastic turn around from sitting in Spain at the factory to arriving in Fife in scotland!

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Let us know how much you still love her...... enjoy .... not jealous at all

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.