Build week for new Cupra 290's

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
finally manage to get the ship name from CS! my car is currently in france, then it's off to belgium, and then maybe UK i guess? counting the days now!

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Now you can follow that beauty all the way home....
where is it due to dock in the UK do you know?

cheers bud!

no idea what port, guess i'll just have to check it closer the time, i'm picking her up from Birmingham, so it could be Tyne, or Sheerness port i'm thinking :D

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
I've given up on when mine will be on my drive! Been told that many different dates etc etc and which cari am having I'm now confused. Apparently it was at the docs and off the boat yesterday so maybe by next crimbo I might have ownership? Who knows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Is it seat customer care you need to speak to? (Option 4 when ringing 0500 222222) tried to get through to them this evening and didn't have much luck as apparently I'd got through to an internal dealer line...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
I've given up on when mine will be on my drive! Been told that many different dates etc etc and which cari am having I'm now confused. Apparently it was at the docs and off the boat yesterday so maybe by next crimbo I might have ownership? Who knows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know how you feel, have been told mine was in the UK Port, then told it was waiting for a boat to the UK, tried calling Seat Birmingham but you can never speak to anyone. I'm guessing they will ring me when it's ready.

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
I know how you feel, have been told mine was in the UK Port, then told it was waiting for a boat to the UK, tried calling Seat Birmingham but you can never speak to anyone. I'm guessing they will ring me when it's ready.

Yeap I'm adopting that approach now, can't be bothered to keep chasing anymore.

When I do get the call tho I might make them wait as I know they struggle for room down there lol.

Just the not knowing what's going on gets on my nerves, when I ordered my 184 I was told there and then collection day will be 1st September and was even given a time slot this time it's a lottery

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Not sure i'm paranoid or just really want my car but getting the feeling the dealers are holding onto these for the October numbers, i'd imagine September is usually ticked off so to speak from a target point of view.

Note I work in sales so would blatantly do this if it was me :)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
7fdbc3a16f298499f578dc1214e96325.jpg

Just flew over Barcelona on my way into Palma. Wonder if that ship down there has my car on it! ;)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
My car is a week 39 build and was finished build on Monday 26th. It will go on the next ship which is the 4th October.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
How long after order did you guys get your build week.... my order went in two weeks ago ..... heard nothing ..... although it is via s personal lease company

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CupraC

Aug 26, 2016
How long after order did you guys get your build week.... my order went in two weeks ago ..... heard nothing ..... although it is via s personal lease company

I placed my order week 29. I chased the dealer after a month of not hearing anything, they then got back to me with unconfirmed bw40.

Get your order number and contact Seat customer services if you need anything. The dealer has been pretty much useless.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Andy_J86

Sep 28, 2016
Bristol
Hi guys, newbie here. I placed my order for an ST Cupra Black 290 on 2nd August (!) but still have not been given a build week due to various delays. Getting pretty frustrated as I need to arrange selling my old car (64-plate Skoda Octavia vRS estate) sooner rather than later. Reckon I'll try to get the order number from the dealer and do the chasing up myself.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Andy I'm in the same position .... need to coordinate change if car, sale of current car and insurance .....not easy without info

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Same here with needing to get rid of my car pretty soon now.

Had build week 37 w/c 12.9 moved to week 36 w/c 5.9 and today been told its in Barcelona awaiting a boat??

Not sure how its taken nearly 3 weeks from build to dock in Spain :-(

Frustrating me now as the dealer still hasn't rang me

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.