Build week for new Cupra 290's

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
Bloody hell there like hens teeth round here I've only seen 2 out and about. Now 3 of us in the space a a couple of weeks we'll be able to start ganging up on the golf r brigade as there breeding like rabbits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ganticus

May 5, 2014
Bloody hell there like hens teeth round here I've only seen 2 out and about. Now 3 of us in the space a a couple of weeks we'll be able to start ganging up on the golf r brigade as there breeding like rabbits.

I didn't see one MK3 Cupra in first two years of production. First one I saw was the ST in monsoon grey. Now seen plenty. Even got a MK2 in my village which wasn't there a few months ago.

We're being invaded, I tells ya!

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
To help anyone out mine was build week 35 and built on monday 29th August, it was at Santander docks on the Friday. It arrived on the Verona carrier into Sheerness late on the 16th although originally due in on the 18th September. It arrived at my dealership Snows Seat today at 4pm. So although everybody's is marginally different that's just insight to what it could take. It will now take probably 3 days to put through dealership depending on work load but been told there is a good chance I can have Saturday.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Sorry fella. The S2000 went 3 weeks ago. Miss it like mad, and am sure I will regret it one day.

belfastone

Sep 15, 2016
Belfast
Sorry fella. The S2000 went 3 weeks ago. Miss it like mad, and am sure I will regret it one day.

I'm sure you will.. I have a want for one, I don't even like convertibles, something about them though.
prob just as well, the missus wouldn't have been to happy with me lol

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
They are such a tactile car to drive. Not particularly quick unless you drive it hard but lovely to chuck around and with a couple of mods sound awesome.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
I know a few guys that have gone to M3 from S2k and come back within a month. They miss the seat in the pants drive.

I only sold mine as I didn't want to put to many miles on it but didn't want it sitting round on the drive either

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
My order is very much in the early stages, i only placed it this time last week but cant wait for it to arrive :) I have an estimated date of mid Dec at the moment for delivery for Leon ST Cupra 290 black DSG in Nevada White.

What colour have you guys gone for?

belfastone

Sep 15, 2016
Belfast
My order is very much in the early stages, i only placed it this time last week but cant wait for it to arrive :) I have an estimated date of mid Dec at the moment for delivery for Leon ST Cupra 290 black DSG in Nevada White.

Order date and estimated delivery date are the same!.. I went for the Leon Cupra DSG Black edition in Monsoon grey.
Hope it comes this side of Christmas!

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham

Snap chief, had my heart set on red when ordering but the one in the showroom was in Nevada white and it changed my mind just hope I don't regret it lol.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
5 door BE in monsoon grey over here - I wanted alor blue as it's a standout colour and this is a stand out model, but the wife said no!

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Monsoon grey was my other choice but I think it looks awesome it white :) i dont think you will regret it Sprog. Main thing i hope will grow on me is the white bits on the doors and seats.

The thing that changed my mind on the test drive was the gearbox! i was looking at getting the manual but the test car had the DSG, it took all of 6 seconds after getting on the dual carriageway to make me want one.

I have had auto's before but never experienced DSG until then.

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
Seriously thinking of changing my mk2 FR for a mk3 Cupra and was wondering what deals people have managed on theirs?

PCP or private lease?

I will have enough for the maximum deposit including dealer £2.5K and I do around 15k per year.

Have been quoted £261/month on a monsoon grey ST DSG over 49 months PCP

Lease deals seem scarce atm

Jimbo

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
I got mine through fleet prices on personal lease, it was 9+23 with 10k miles a year £2111.62 initial and £234 a month but they told me vw group finance were ending those deals that day (last thursday) and looking at their site now its full price.

It looks like carleasing-online still has some running but its only showing 8k and 10k miles a year deals you have to call them for 15k.

Its worth having a good look around and give a dealer a call see what prices they can do on a lease.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
I have a monsoon grey SC manual coming.

£1265 initial payment then £203 pm 10k 2 Yr deal.

Just been told it's on the boat.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.