Build week for new Cupra 290's

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
I had a build week of 38 which is this week. They may be a few days ahead on production.

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
I think SEAT have stopped taking dealer orders due to new car/FL coming. No orders until new year.
Probably had a knock on effect within the fleet market.

Two days ago I found a deal on an ST 290 DSG
9+23 15k 217 a month inc vat
When I enquired was told that deal had ended but there was sometime 24hrs delay before it is removed from the website:cry:

Damn

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
Monsoon grey was my other choice but I think it looks awesome it white :) i dont think you will regret it Sprog. Main thing i hope will grow on me is the white bits on the doors and seats.

The thing that changed my mind on the test drive was the gearbox! i was looking at getting the manual but the test car had the DSG, it took all of 6 seconds after getting on the dual carriageway to make me want one.

I have had auto's before but never experienced DSG until then.

Hopefully not mate but always that bit of doubt when changing your mind last minute, in saying that tho it must of made a good impression on me to change my mind if that makes sense. I'm with you on the white bits think they could of done with being a little more subtle maybe thinner/smaller.

Roll on next Thursday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
Is AUTOSKY a ship used for seat? It arrives in Santander tonight. Hopefully mine will be loaded and on the way.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Monsoon grey was my other choice but I think it looks awesome it white :) i dont think you will regret it Sprog. Main thing i hope will grow on me is the white bits on the doors and seats.

The thing that changed my mind on the test drive was the gearbox! i was looking at getting the manual but the test car had the DSG, it took all of 6 seconds after getting on the dual carriageway to make me want one.

I have had auto's before but never experienced DSG until then.

I did like the white, but I hate a looking at a dirty car all the time! Grey should make it look less dirty most of the time I hope.

I've driven DSG, but this might be one of the last chances I get to order a newly built car with the option of a manual box...so I chose that instead.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Haha that's why I went for monsoon grey - hides the dirt. I went for manual as I thought i might get fed up with the dsg fart every change. Plus it doesn't hold onto revs like a manual car

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago - has anyone else and have yoy got a build date as information seesm hard to get - is this normal.. How long before delivery do you normally get the build date. I was told 12 weeks delivery from order - is this correct? Thanks

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago - has anyone else and have yoy got a build date as information seesm hard to get - is this normal.. How long before delivery do you normally get the build date. I was told 12 weeks delivery from order - is this correct? Thanks

I had an 'unconfirmed' build week 39 given to me 4 weeks after the order was placed on 3rd July. It doesn't then become 'confirmed' until 4 weeks before the unconfirmed week! Confused? You will be....

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Yeah i was told around 12-14 weeks, from some other posts the average seems to be around 10 weeks but its hard to say.

There will be so much sealer and layers of wax on the car the dirt will just slide off :thumbup:

I'm clearing out the garage ready for its arrival too :D

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I had an 'unconfirmed' build week 39 given to me 4 weeks after the order was placed on 3rd July. It doesn't then become 'confirmed' until 4 weeks before the unconfirmed week! Confused? You will be....

Confused .... yes think i am and will remain so lol

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Yeah i was told around 12-14 weeks, from some other posts the average seems to be around 10 weeks but its hard to say.

There will be so much sealer and layers of wax on the car the dirt will just slide off :thumbup:

I'm clearing out the garage ready for its arrival too :D

10-14 weeks would be ok - would just like to have some notice as will need to sell my current car and being a classic it needs to go to the right home and that could take a few weeks to get the right prices and home - wish i could keep both but not the space and cant really justify the expense of renting another gararge

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
10-14 weeks would be ok - would just like to have some notice as will need to sell my current car and being a classic it needs to go to the right home and that could take a few weeks to get the right prices and home - wish i could keep both but not the space and cant really justify the expense of renting another gararge

Ah right i see, my current car Vauxhall Signum 2.8V6T has a pretty much got a dead auto gearbox so doesnt drive anymore which is why im getting a new car in the first place :/

its currently sat on the drive way and im borrowing one of my dads van's pretty until the car arrives.

The Signum is being stripped as its the only way its worth any money, shame as its only done 57k miles and in very good condition but the gearbox repair was quoted £2800 so i didnt want to spend anymore on it and wait for the next thing.

If its a classic maybe advertise is with an expected handover date of mid december and see if you get any interest? If someone wants it bad enough they might be willing to wait.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
If its a classic maybe advertise is with an expected handover date of mid december and see if you get any interest? If someone wants it bad enough they might be willing to wait.

Good point may just do that

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
I've gone DSG this time. I had an 8P S3 that was DSG and currently have a manual Golf R so some experience with both boxes on similar/the same engine. My DSG decision was driven by the failure of clutches on manual Golf Rs, especially if the car is mapped or running a tuning box.

The manual box is fairly good. Quite a light shift but fairly direct and only really notchy in lower speed 1-2 shifts.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I've owned manual and DSG edition 30 golfs before. I went for manual because, as good as the DSG is, there are more times I'm driving DSG wishing I had a manual, than driving a manual and wishing it was DSG.

I like both, but feel I'd be more gutted having a DSG wanting it to be manual than the other way round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I've gone DSG this time. I had an 8P S3 that was DSG and currently have a manual Golf R so some experience with both boxes on similar/the same engine. My DSG decision was driven by the failure of clutches on manual Golf Rs, especially if the car is mapped or running a tuning box.

The manual box is fairly good. Quite a light shift but fairly direct and only really notchy in lower speed 1-2 shifts.

So you think the Seat is better that the Golf R? Hope so as i made the choice of this over the golf R - i went manual though - just a bit old fashioned like that

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.